eq deleted my oldest TL!! help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 3dayevntr, Aug 25, 2003.

1. 3dayevntr

3dayevntr Well-Known Member

Equifax deleted my oldest tradeline that had no lates at all. Is there any way to force them to re-report it? I had disputed a couple of items online and they zapped that one. There is no way I disputed the referenced TL- I called the CRA and they haven't been helpful at all-not that I expected anything less. Any tips out there?

2. ACX

ACX Well-Known Member

Did you dispute this particular tradeline? Did it hit the 7 year mark? Give some more details on what started all this with the account.

3. 3dayevntr

I disputed 3 items on my CR.
    2 not mine, 1 as never late
    It appears that they deleted my "good old" TL and just left the one I had asked to dispute alone. My good TL just disappeared a few days after it read "consumer disputes" . It was opened in 95 and had activity until '99 . Never late and reported as such.

I called the CSR at EF and told them they were disputing the wrong TL she told me to wait it out,nothing they could do as investigation had already started -that the TL would just be verified and left as it was-then "poof" it disappeared. Retards!!!!!

Call me paranoid but I think they did it as a retaliatory move due to my dispute efforts.

This is my first attempt at disputes with CRA or anyone for that matter. I am newbescant.

K

4. Melissap1

Melissap1 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. They've gotten rid of two of my good TL's for the 7 bads I've disputed. erI couldn't get them to reinsert them. Maybe someone can help you out on how to get them reinserted.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you have a copy of your report the way it "WAS" with the account listed...send that and DRAW THEM A PICTURE!!!

You also "MIGHT" be able to get some help from the original creditor

6. 3dayevntr

I have quite a few copies as use CW at EF and have been ordering by CR almost every day. So I can show how it disappeared shortly after asking forthe other disputes. IS there any mention of retaliatory action by CRAs in FCRA?

Boogers <------ This is really a nasty , naughty word is disguise referring to all CRA's!

7. 3dayevntr

I was thinking, maybe I could do a kind of reverse nutcase regarding my good TL being deleted. Kind of bug em to death until they fix their error and "un-delete" my TL. Does anyone think this idea might have a chance?

3day