EQ dropped 62pts in 1 month??????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

How could this happen. I have been shopping around for a refi mortgage. Been keeping track of my scores. As of 7/25/03
    TU 644
    Xp 650
    Ef 656

I finally picked a lender & he pulled a trimerge report 8/19/03.
    TU 647
    Xp 651
    Ef 594??????????
    Absolutly nothing has changed on the report as far as credit reporting. Have not added any new credit nor increases in CC amounts.

I did notice the 3rd reason for score (which has never been on my report) was: Amount owed on deliquent accts.??????

There are no delinquent accts. Nor do they show any. I had a discharged BK in 3/99, Not one derog since then.

I have 15 accounts with (1) rating.

There are 5 negative accounts (excluding the bk itself) with no ratings. The most recent DLA is 1/99. Nothing has been up dated since I last checked them.

The only inquires in the past 30 days were for mortgage's. In past 90 nothing.

Can any one help me to get this fixed? I called Equifax & got the run around. Called the co that pulled the trimerged & they couldn't do anything.

I just went from an 'A' paper refi to no refi.

Thanks,
    Becky

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Have you pulled a report straight from Equifax? The 5 accounts that aren't rated were they from the BK?

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Yes, they were all in the BK 3/99. I pulled all 3 between 5/25-5/30 The only difference between those & the lenders are one of the five neg accts shows a late in 3/00.

Which is not what is reported on any of mine. All my reports of these items remain the same as they have for the past three years.

We can not figuare out what would have caused this. No one at Equifax is able to tell me why.

Becky

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to mine!

I went from 666 to 614 in a months time and I noticed inquiries from 2002 are being put back on it! I'm just disputing them all over again! What a load of crap.

5. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

Make sure that your files are not split.

6. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

How do you find out if their split or not?

Becky

7. juliedeale

juliedeale Well-Known Member

Becky,

Haave you looked at another report such as PG? Eq's report does not categorize accounts as open or closed but other reports will. Are the BK accounts listed as "open"? Eq will list all your BK's as open accounts on somebody elses report. This may or may not be your problem.

8. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

What is PG?

I know that we had it pulled by 2 other mortgage co within the 30 day time & both of them had the same 656 equifax score.

My Equifax 5/25/03 reports this: Account closed by consumer.

LAD 9/98, date reported 6/02, no rating.

What does the beacon score mean? The report had a 96 beacon score.

Becky

9. juliedeale

PG is Privacy Guard
    http://www.privacyguard.com/

You can get a 3 in 1 report free for 90 days. It is a comparative side by side report of all 3 agencies, EQ, TR, EX. You can pull a new report once every 24 hours.

10. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Does PG report the FICO or the FAKO scores? I want an accurate score and I'm willing to pay if it is accurate. I also want a 3n1 report but I can't seem to find ones under 30.00.

Any suggestions?

11. juliedeale