EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easiest?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 21, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey gang,

I just opened another update from Trans Union. Two more deletes. YEAH! But my question is who does everyone think is the easiest CRA to work with for investigations and getting results.

I started my cleansing process in January. Since then I've been able to have Equifax deletes all the negatives [100%], Trans Union delete all but one [95%] and having a hell of a time with Experian [82%] who seem to think they are above the law and do not have to re-investigate anything.

So my ranking would have to be (easiest to difficult, please):

1. Equifax
    2. Trans Union
    3. Experian

If I could just get Equifax to investigate inquiries!

You thoughts?

Good luck to all,

Bkev

2. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

Wow,
    Equifax, to me, is the worst. They delete good accounts at will. Here is my list:
    1. Experian- by far the best.
    2. Trans Union- only because EQ sucks so bad.
    3. Equifax- they do as they please. The worst of all time.

Just my opinion.

3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

My experience:

Equifax: By far the easiest, dispute they delete so you will leave them alone. Beacon 680

Trans Union: Can you say LIARS?? I caught them in a BIG lie so I was able to get all negatives removed with one dispute. Credit score 725

Experian: The most INEPT!!!!! Even bigger liars than Trans Union. I read their report claiming they are the most accurate of the big three......<laughing> Credit score 590.

4. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

TU is my best. Not because they are easy to work with, but because I have the impression they are lazy and just delete rather than verify. Others say their expperience with TU is the opposite - they claim to verify rather than delete.

Equifax is just dumb. I would not put more than one dispute in a letter to them because that is too complicated for them Also, alwasys want to delay -always checking my ID.

Experian is ok but very very slow.

I just mailed disputes to all three yesterday. I will see which one responds the quickest.

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Experian is the only CR reporting my ex's paid off judgement against me.... no other is..

Deb
    THEY SUCK

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Final inquiry deleted from EXP today, but still a distant third!

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

All three violate FCRA every single day whether it be lying about verifying a dispute or failing to notify you about a dispute, reinsertion, etc.

They are all inept morons......

8. lifetime

lifetime Well-Known Member

1. Equifax
    2. Experian
    3. Trans Union

9. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I just found out today that Equifax deleted, without my ever having mentioned, let alone disputed, a third positive tradeline.

Interesting that they are messing with me in this way. Other than my mortgages these were the ONLY three Installment loans I had on my report. As of today all three are gone!!!

TransUnion has deleted one positive tradeline I never disputed and verified an account I never had any beefs with. My ONLY dispute at all with TU was for a minor issue not having to do with tradelines.

Experian has been a sore spot but at least, knock wood, so far they haven't deleted my good stuff.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Anyone else care to share? I would love to hear from some people who are near the end of the cleansing process....

11. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

For me Experian was the easiest. Equifax...the verdict is still out on but at least they have my disputes noted. Transunion is by far the worst for me. So far, they haven't gotten one single thing right!!!!

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

bbbbbbbump

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hate TU, Hate TU, Hate TU!!!

Then hate EQ, hate EQ

EX has been slow but done the most postive..

Aw, what the heck, I hate them all. LOL

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Experian this easiest for me, then Equifax slow but they finally get it right, Trans Union is run by local bureau here, they are the dumbest I have ever encountered aside from last experience with them all others have been nightmares, hate them, but like Nana said crap I hate them all LOL.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Update:

1. Equifax [100%]
    2. Trans Union [95%]
    3. Experian [72%] THey actually brought back 2 previously deleted items.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

NEW RANK!/UPDATE

1. Trans Union [100%]
    2. Equifax [100%]
    3. Experian [72%]

Rerank with the updated credit scores... TU 766 while EQF 730

17. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I dislike Experian because they report the worst derogatory items from my credit history. Those items are small, but they're the worst because they were falsely redated.

However, it's nice to know that some of you have had good experiences with Experian. I appreciate your sharing that.

18. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I have not heard from TU, but I can say Experian has been good to deal with.

They deleted 1 collection, now 5 inquiries, and quickly changed a credit account that was inappropriately in charge off status. They changed it to positive.

I recently disputed another collection, and I hope they will delete it. It is by far my best report...4 positives now, 2 inquiries, and 2 negatives (1 in dispute).

EQ sucks badly! They are still reporting debts that were "incurred" when I was a minor, they "verified" a judgement neither I or the court clerks can find in person or online, and they ignored a creditor's submission for change so far. They gave me one whole deletion. So now I have 4 derogs and 3 positives.

Let you know about TU!

19. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

I have been working on clearing my credit for the past year. I have managed to get Equifax to the point that it is almost clean as a whistle. Experian is another story. TransUnion falls in the middle. I am about to file an FTC complaint against Experian, as well as to my state comm. of consumer affairs, and the Senate Comm. on Banking. I am tired of dealing with Experian.

I have managed to have a bankruptcy deleted off TransUnion and a 1 year old paid tax lien deleted off Equifax. Experian does not want to remove anything and I highly doubt that even investigate.

I have sometimes waited a couple of months to redispute an item with one of the bureaus and that seems to work. It is so random. A friend of mine also has a hard time with Equifax. Check your library and bookstores for books with sample letters--I have found that using the letters and customizing them has helped me a lot.

20. eman

eman Well-Known Member

Re: EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easie

Trans Union is by far the best with me. They have deleted anything I disputed as long as I laid it pretty thick in my letter. They only problem is that they keep transferring my file form their regular PA office to their CA fraud office, back and forth. 100% positive.

Experian is tough at first but they eventually give in as long as you are persistent and lay it pretty thick . They seem to want to be left alone just like TU once they see you will not go away. 100% positive.

Equifax is by far the worst. They will not back down. I would think that someone there would notice that they are losing more money on my file by investigating and sending me free reports (I have over 25 EQ-update and EQ-disclosure inquiries) than making money on my file. I even put a promotional block on my file to send them the message that they will not make a dime selling my report for free. I'm sure they will take notice to all the money they are losing because of me once I send them to court. 75% positive.