EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easiest?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 21, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easie

Seems like everyone has at least one success story and one thats a headache...

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I HATE TRANSUNION!!! THEY WON'T DELETE THE DAMN INQUIRIES THAT AREN'T MINE!

3. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

TU won't delete my inquiries either

4. matty61184

I WILL keep disputing until they do delete them. I'm in the 6th round. Each time, i phrase things differently. This time around, I got a little more technical in regards to the credit laws, etc, stating they need to delete it. Funny enough, I disputed inquiries with Equifax, and they told me to contact the creditor about it. I did that, and the creditor sent me a letter back telling me to contact the credit bureau! I sent the bureau those return letters a few weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything yet. They better be doing the investigations!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Personal opinion... You're wasting time with EQF. I don't know of anyone who has been able to get an inquiry off their report.

As for TU, have you ever tried calling? I've had a couple of mistake inquiries removed via telephone in the past.

6. matty61184

Nope, I've never called. What is the number, and how would I go about doing that? Any suggestions as to what I should say to them on the phone?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Check your TU report for your report # and the 800#. You'll have to have the TU file # or they will not talk with you. My report shows 1-800-916-8800, but yours may be different.

Hello xxx. Yes, I was hoping that you can help me. I recently was reviewing my TU credit report and noticed some inquiries that I have no knowledge of the companies... never applied for credit... should be listed as a review, not a new request... Can you tell me what I can do have the errors deleted so that my report is accurate?

8. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

It seems that EX has been fabulous about deleting my inquiries. TU has deleted alot of derogs. EQ is screwy - won't touch the inquiries...puts on a derog that it once took off and took off a pos and added another - STUUUUUUPID!

9. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

EQ=Robotic Morons

10. timjcathom

timjcathom Well-Known Member

TU 84% deletions
    EQ 81% deletions
    EX 62% deletions

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easiest

Seemed like a good time for a bump..........

My rankings... Easiest to Worst.......

1. Trans Union [credit "score" with every report, inquiries deleted by asking]
    2. Equifax [Easy online disputes, If they would just do something about inquiries]
    3. Experian [A$$holes, Professional site, but corporate "policy" limiting the number of times an account can be investigated is a FRCA violation]

12. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

Re: EQ, EXP or TU... Which is easiest

Lets see, Experian has been great to me. That is my best report so far...inquiries deleted, incorrect accounts deleted, all on the first shot.
    Equifax is in the middle. They actually have done a decent job keeping things correct.
    Trans Union...whole other story. They keep verifying things that the other two delete. After a third round stating that they are the only ones who can find info, and requsting the info the used to verify, they step back and say "Oh, sorry, our bad." and delelte it....and let's not get into the duplicate negative accounts they like to collect! Geez!

13. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Okay, here's my stats. Hope my math is right! These are based on the ten month period that I have been seriously working my credit files:

EQ: Derogs - Down 91% (12 to 1)
    Positives - Up 800% (2 to 16)
    Inquiries - Down 10% (22 to 19)
    Score - Up 28% (509 to 652)

TU: Derogs - Down 100% (25 to 0)
    Positives - Up 300% (6 to 18)
    Inquiries - Down 54% (17 to 11)
    Score - Up 15% (492 to 566)

EXP: Derogs - Down 50% (12 to 6)
    Positives - Up 480% (5 to 24)
    Inquiries - Down 85% (13 to 2)
    Score - Up 26% (510 to 640)

I have found TU the easiest to have derogs removed from, followed by EQ and lastly EXP. Experian is absolutely impossible. I have found Experian to be the easiest to have inquiries deleted from, with TU and EQ next. EQ won't delete inquiries period. EXP seems to be the quickest to add new positive accounts, followed by TU and EQ. EQ takes forever to add new accounts and update current balances.

14. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I can't comment on inquiries as of yet, I just mailed out my first batch to Eq and did TU and EXP thru their websites.
    As for derogs and deletions:

EQ: By far the easiest, I could tell them the sky was falling and they would somehow remove it. The only have removed one of the accts I disputed

TU: A little rough around the edges, If I dispute more than 4 things at once they get all confused and only look into 2. Which usually ends up one in my favor one not.

EXP: FORGET IT! I can't do anything right with them. I don't like theri new little policy above sending PROOF to have an acct changed. It's absurd and against the law. I should be able to dispute EVERYDAY!
    My 2 cents
    KHM

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Sending proof to get an account listing changed? what a crock. I personally went to credit data southwest, the experian affiliate, and brought letters that they made copies of, that proved my side. I then disputed the account and it came back verified will remain as it is. Pure unadulterated B.S.

16. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

TU has been the easiest for me so far.

However, we just put hubby's 3 negs into dispute and qualified for a Kohl's account. Waited too long to apply for Chase, the had already "investigated" them and printed out a new report 3 days after online dipute! Chase told us we were only denied because of this.

Lowe's, who only pulled TU before, pulled all three and said that the EQ report is the reason we were turned down.

Mine: all 13 inquiries deleted, 1 neg changed to a pos
    Hubby: 10 of 17 inquiries deleted ( all that were requested), 7 of 10 negs deleted

They initially sent letters listing the addresses and phone numbers of creditors who had placed inquiries so we could contact them, then letters telling us they do not delete inq. Called and asked to have inqs deleted, argued with me, both a rep and a supervisor, that they never,ever deleted inqs. Disputed them online, they were gone in 3 days. That was a really fun piece of mail to to open. I felt so victorious!!

Experian
    Last two rounds only sent updates, not complete reports

Mine:5 of 7 inquiries deleted, (all that I requested), will not delete negs.
    Hubby:all 6 inquiries gone,6 of 13 negs gone

Equifax:

When we call them (local affiliate) they not it on our report as an inquiry that adds in to the total-I am going to argue that one for sure!
    Their report is almost impossible to read.

Mine: 1 neg deleted, Notation that "consumer disputes item" added to other 4 items I disputed
    Hubby:Removed 4 negs and 1 inquiry!

None of them will send a score to us, or give us one over the phone. EQ office claims they do not have the score.

Anyone want to compare results with local branches of CRA's? From my limited experience, they seem the most difficult.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Only one who does have scores is Trans Union. If you ask for a score to be provided with your printed report they will, however only if nothing is under investigation. Once you have a score, you can call and ask how deletions effect your score in the future IF nothing is under investigation.

EQ does not have a score the customer service agents could access. They are however the ONLY CRA who gives the consumer access to their FICO score which is the only score that really matters because lendors use FICOs scores.... not these other variations.

18. OtherTerri

Bkev - So TU does not send a score with a report when we have requested it along with an investigation?

How do we get the FICO score from EQ? Do we have to buy a report online?

I hate it when someone withholds informatin from me about me! They must think they are Dr.'s, keeping the details of our medical file a secret from us!

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you have ANYTHING under investigation, TU will not send it. Try calling the number on your last report and request it. Again, this score doesn't matter that much because you're the only one that sees it.

As for EQ, yes, you'll have to buy a report/score. You can go to the equifax website and find the right area or just go to www.myfico.com for a shortcut.

Good luck!

20. OtherTerri

Thanks Bkev! I will try to call tomorrow. I would still like to have the score so I can track it, and compare it later with the score on the tri-merge report when we (hopefully) attempt to buy our first house!