EQ re-inserted-no notice sent

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by anna, Oct 10, 2001.

1. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Just got my latest report from Equifax, whom I've never had a problem with,and it appears they re-inserted a deleted item without notifing me. I called and they said to send them a copy of the deletion. I asked if they did not keep records,and they said all they have is the current report. If this is true then how will they know how many times I've disputed items? If I send them the copy of the deletion,do they have to delete it again, or will they do another investigation?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Do you have a copy of the old report where they told you it was being deleted? Send that, and send a copy of the section of the FCRA where it covers reinserted items. They are begging to be sued.

3. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Anna,
    How did this turn out? I just found out that they did the same thing to me and deleted a good tradeline.

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I sent them the copy of the deletion (covered up everything else) and they promptly deleted it , never to be seen again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~Terrible Towel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. QUEEN_BEE

That's wonderful! Did you snail mail or fax?

6. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Love,
    I snail-mailed 'cause I can't for the life of me figure out how to use my damn fax machine!

Anna

~~~~~~~~~~~Terrible Towel~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. QUEEN_BEE

HA HA HA, Anna you are something else :)