EQ Removed & Re-Inserted

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ajordan, Aug 11, 2003.

1. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

I have a CA account which was removed after dispute (I never received anything from EQ to indicate it was deleted) but now has been re-inserted.

Is this legal? EQ says that unless I have a confirmation number stating that it was removed I am SOL.

They cannot seem to even find a record of me disputing the item. They say it is a new tradeline as far as they are concerned.

This can't be legal. Has anyone been through this one before? If so did you use a contact at EQ? Who can I contact? I do have copies of reports showing the item, then a span of reports where it does not show (removed) and now where it has been re-inserted. HELP!!

Alex

2. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

if you disputed it why didn't you get an updated CR? Are you sure you disputed it? Do you have proof of the dispute??

3. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

No I do not have proof.... I started the dispute online and never printed the conf# for the dispute....

4. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Then you are out of luck.

You have no proof that you disputed it and they say you never disputed it.

They will never admit that they committed a violation and it is up to you to prove they did. Just another reason not to dispute online. If you had sent a letter CMRRR you would have your proof.

live and learn. May not be the answer you want but this is the law. Read FCRA SubSection 611. It refers to re-insertions.