Equ Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monicagee, Nov 3, 2001.

1. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any success with speaking with a rep to have inquiries removed? I have some inquiries that I did not authorize on my report.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

NOPE... NONE... They do not investigate inquiries...

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Get ready to receive a collection of Glenn King's mumbo jumbo form-letters.

Saar

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

So what are you going to do about it?

5. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I have called representatives 33 times in the last months asking for deletion of a SINGLE inquiry.

They have all been EXTREMELY rude and told me that it doesn't matter that I didn't want my report pulled, but that it was pulled.

They told me to call the creditor. The creditor says call EQ.

I am going to keep calling every damn day until I get 1 or more deleted!!!

I suggest we all do the same. It is emotionally draining to deal with these people, but they need to know we are not stupid, we know our rights, and will not give up under any circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I thought about conference calling both of them at the same time.... Now I'm just thinking about taking EQF to court....

7. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I've had no problems with Equifax inquiries, though, my dispute went to CSC credit services and not Equifax.

8. monicagee

MT,

CSC Credit Services are they a part of Equifax? What is the contact info and did you you dispute y phone or mail?

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

has any of you noticed that some hard inquiries change to prm or ar after a while?

10. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that leo, but I'll start watching.

mindy

11. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Monica, CSC is an Equifax branch/agent/subsidary --

Here is the address I used - please note that I asked for specific actions other than and as well as deletion, yet all were deleted - that's okay with me!

CSC Credit Services
    Box 674406
    Houston, TX

This is my letter -

Dear CSC Credit Services:
    After careful review of my online Equifax credit report, I was shocked to discover what I feel to be an excessive number of credit inquiries. I have broken down the inquiries on my credit report and color-coded them to assist you in understanding my specific question and or complaint. I feel that several inquiries are not classified correctly, several are unauthorized with no permissible business purpose and several are duplicate entries for the same purpose and should be reported as one inquiry. The specific disputes follow:

1. The following entries should be soft inquiries on my credit report and should not be accessible to lenders or institutions that review my report in a credit granting (permissible business purpose) capacity. I am concerned that the entries are classified incorrectly and are shown to anyone who requests my credit report. Please verify that the inquiries are â??softâ? and if they are not â??softâ? then reclassify the entries to reflect â??softâ? inquiry status.

inquries**yada yada yada

2. The following entries are duplicate entries and should be listed as a single inquiry, each, on my credit report. Please correct your records to remove the duplicate entries leaving one entry for <blank>, and one entry for <blank> Bank.

inquiries**yada yada yada

3. The following inquiries on my report where done without my consent and do not have a permissible business purpose and therefore should not be reported on my consumer credit profile. I ask that you delete the entries or reclassify the entries to â??softâ? inquiry status. Please investigate and take immediate action by removing or reclassifying the entries â?? or provide me with verification that the entries were authorized by me or have a permissible business purpose.

inquiries**yada yada yada

Sincerely,

MT

12. monicagee

Thanks MT!!!
    How many inquiries did you dispute at one time?
    I will give this a try. Will update if successful. :)