Equifax 673 score and inquiries.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

For what it is worth I received an Equifax credit report and score in the mail today. My 673 score was stated on a page attached to the very back of the report - where I almost missed it.

Not a great score but it was up exactly 40 points from April where I got my score the first time. I opened a lot of new credit between Jan - April 2001.

EQ is my horrible report. On it is a public record of my Chap 7 BK and 3 BK discharged credit card accounts. There are also 27 (open and closed) positive tradelines.

EX has no negatives and TU has no public record of my BK.

I thought that I had 3 inquiries on my report. I just found out that I have 5. Nextcard and Household bank (GM card) did hard inquiries in April when they granted me new accounts. I am surprised that they gave me accounts because of the BK issue. This means that Nextcard pulled all 3 of my credit reports in April. I think Household pulled 2 but I am not sure now.

As 4 of the 5 inquiries are within the last year, EQ listed this as a reason why my credit score is not higher.

I guess I was lucky to move upward 40 points as my credit aged because nothing else changed on the report since April. I just paid my bills. Time heals.

Jim

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Good report Jim. Congrats on the cleaning efforts. Being in CA, Ex is great to have spotless. Thanks for the update. Hope all the rest is well with you.

-Dave

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Did you have to pay extra for your score? I sent away for my report on July 6th and am waiting for it. i sent the standard $8.50. I need a fresh report to start disputes. I took off almost 4 months and I want to use that piece of paper they send you to do a dispute. Equifax is the one who sends a paper or is that Trans? Thanks

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Jim

Did you have to pay more to receive you score with you credit report from Equifax? And did you have to request this specifically or did they just send it with the report you purchased?

I am asking b/c I haven't had to purchase any reports. I keep getting them as I dispute and items fall off. Unfortunately, they don't send my score with them. And, I can't purchase my score online b/c of a Fraud alert.

Thanks

MartysGirl

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave,

I hope all is well with you too!

You are so right about Experian. They are the CRA of choice where I live.

Jim

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Molly and Marty'sgirl

I apologize for not having a simple answer to your questions about what I had to pay for my report. I probably should say that EQ apologizes, but they never would.

I actually paid nothing for the report and score. Here is what happened...

I called an 800 # provided by EQ with an old confirmation number. I ran into a stone wall as the 800# put me over to another 800 #. A rep came on and she and her supervisor denied that you can dispute on-line or on the phone. The supervisor gave me a 3rd 800 # to call.

The third automated number told me I was entitled to a free report and score.

I don't know why I got one. I have misplaced the telephone numbers.

Jim

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Still have the 3rd #, Jim ?

Saar