Equifax 85 Hard Pulls??? WTF???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Vick 71, Aug 28, 2003.

1. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

I signed up for Equifax Gold a while back and have pulled my credit report more than the average person because I am allowed to do so.

Last week 7 positive accounts bumped off as I posted last week.

Pulled report today and it says 85 hard pulls within the last 12 months and also about 2 dozen soft pulls. Has this happened to anyone else that has pulled Equifax today or recently?

Hard pulls on Equifax within the last 12 months in reality should be zero on Equifax anyways. My only hard pulls have been on TU or Experian within the last 12 months from credit cards.

How would 85 hard pulls look to my current creditors?
    Should I pull a FICO score to see if they really count even though it says 85 hard pulls? Or is this usually fixed?

Credit repair is SO FUN!!! LOL

2. ACX

ACX Well-Known Member

I spoke with the Equifax rep and they said that due to the new format of the information on the site, that all the pulls that you do show up as "hard pulls", but really are not. They are suppose to be fixing that in the next few weeks. I had the EQ rep send me a copy of the credit report that they see on their computer, just to re-confirm that its not showing up as a hard pull. Im sure they'll clear it up soon....

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

85 X 7 = 595 <LOSS>

WOW!!!!!!!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EVEN "IF" YOU HAD 850...YOU WOULD HAVE TO STOP AT 350...

5. J. Vick 71

ACX, Thank you for saving me another fun phone call to Equifax. I just laughed when I saw that one. The 7 positive accounts bumped off in one day were not quite as funny though, FICO score ouch! I wonder if the 7 positive accounts will come back? Ya right, sure they will. After all I am a $9.95 a month gold sucker. LOL

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PRINT WHATEVER YOU CAN TO PROVE WHAT IT WAS!!!!

7. J. Vick 71

GEORGE, I have a FICO of 424 printed out from around 1.5 years ago. 29 negatives past due, 3 judgments, 2 collections and a BK with ZERO positive open accounts. The 25% garnishment was a good time to. I was almost going to pay $12.95 to see if I could have beat that low score. FICO probably would have just calculated it as a single pull though. Mortgage, car loan multiple pulls etc.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I lost <3 x 7> 21 for my mortgage RE-FI (never finalized...not enough CASH-OUT)

"B" got +14 <lost 7 in the deal>

COUNT AS ONE IS A FRAUD

9. J. Vick 71

Thats good advise and I have them saved on my computer and used alot of ink making several copies. I'm not 100% sure how to go about it, but I think it will all work out one way or another. Lets see nice letter or bad letter hmmmm.