Equifax affiliate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cole, Apr 27, 2001.

1. cole

cole Active Member

Has anybody out there had to deal with Northeast Texas Credit Bureau? They are an Equifax affiliate located in Longview, TX. They replied to my first dispute letter by telling me that I must purchase THEIR credit report (I had used a tri-merged report), because it was more accurate than mine.

I wrote back explaining that I appreciate their concern for accuracy, but by law my first letter stands. It has been 70 days and they have not replied. I have the RR from the Post Office, but they will not budge.

Does anyone else have a problem with them? I would like to organize everyone who has been mistreated by this bureau and see what we can do as a group.

This company is also a collection agency. Doesn't that sound like a severe conflict of interest??

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

===Sounds like the're a Milking Machene!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I believe all the Equifax affiliates are also collection agencies.

Of course it conflict of interest. More like extortion. You get a collection letter from them that says "if you pay this in 60 days, we won't put it on your credit report." The local affiliate here tried to do that to my Mom about a medical bill, and she was going to pay them, even though it was a medicare claim that had not been paid because it was incorrectly filed by the hospital. I wrote them a nice letter telling them and the hospital what I would do if they put anything on her credit report. They didn't, hehe.

breeze

4. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Cole,

That is the one that is coming up on 60 days with no response to me. I've sent 3 letters now. The third stated they were blatantly ignoring my correspondence and that they were in Violation. I gave them an additional 10 days to respond. NOTHING from them yet. Oh and yes, they made me pay for "their" own report. But when I told Equifax about it, they said to make them refund my money because they can NOT do that. I've had it with them.

Christi

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

===The hospital screws them selves out of getting paid and it's reported in your name:This really sucks! It ought to go on the hospitals and or insurers Cr.Report!!!!

6. cole

cole Active Member

Not only that, but you get a situation where the CA reports to the CRA. Since you are asking them to verify themselves, how thorough do you think the reinvestigation will be?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Seriously!!!

In this case the hopsital was soooo obviously in the wrong.

Fortunately for my Mom I am an agent and I know medicare. What gets to me is all the elderly, sick people who pay bills that have simply been filed incorrectly with medicare, because Retail Merchants has threatened to put something on their credit reports. That is a crime.

BTW, the hospital is St Vincent DePaul, owned by the Catholic church and operated by the nuns. Talk about inconsistency!! And, I did call them prior to this "collection" incident in an attempt to tell them to refile the claim with the correct diagnostic codes.

However, we continue to use the hospital, because they give excellent medical care.

Retail Merchants dropped this one like a hot potato. The hospital re-filed it with medicare and got paid.

breeze

8. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

THe two collection accounts on hubby's report and the one on mine are both held by CBC Collections

My local Eequifax bureau is CBC - I can't get them removed and they don't negotiate - Still trying though :)

Kelly