Equifax and Hards...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mysti_summ, Aug 23, 2003.

1. mysti_summ

mysti_summ Well-Known Member

I have Credit Watch Gold too and this is very strange. I purchased my Fico score with Equifax a few weeks ago and my score shows 685 and 4 inquiries. I have been shopping around for refinance of my home. I was then told (the same day EQ went to the NEW format) by my new lender that my score is only 660. I purchased a new FICO score that day and my score STILL shows 685. What gives? Is that not a TRUE Fico score? I show 54 inquiries now and I think my score is going down because of my pulls. Anyway to verify this? Nothing in my report has changed, but it seems to be going down daily. Should I call EQ? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Mysti_Summer

2. paw67

paw67 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that since they changed to the new format, some people are having EQ inquiries show up as hards instead of softs. The original message that I read said that they had called EQ about it and were told that their technical department was aware of the problem and were working to get it fixed. EQ also told them that the inq's were not affecting the score at all (yea right!!). You might want to wait a few days and check to see if they are still showing as hard inq's, if so, I would call them and find out for sure when they will have it fixed.

paw67