Equifax blocking my online dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by firsthomr, Aug 7, 2003.

1. firsthomr

firsthomr Active Member

I recieved the following message from Equifax when I tried to iniate an online dispute.

Sorry, we are unable to start an on-line investigation request for you at this time. You may contact us to initiate your investigation using the telephone number or address listed on your Equifax Credit File.

Or click on this button to send an e-mail request:

What gives?

2. newatthis

newatthis Member

I got that message as well just yesterday. I thought it was probably an error in the online database, so I called and did it over the phone.

3. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Send it CRRR via mail. Unless you are taping the conversation, what proof do you have that you initiate the dispute? I've had the same thing happen, letting me know that I've already disputed an item, yada, yada, yada....

Make a paper trail for yourself.

4. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Equifax will only let you start an online dispute if you have less than 2 disputes pending. You can still start disputes by mail or phone, however. As soon as your currently pending disputes finish and you have less than 2 then you can do another online dispute.

HTH,
    Brett

5. firsthomr

firsthomr Active Member

Okay that explains why they are blocking me from starting a new online dispute. I was able to e-mail my disputes to them today.

6. bsutton21

bsutton21 Well-Known Member

what if you already did an online dispute? you can do more online? how often?

7. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

You can do as many disputes as you want whenever you want, however, if you have 2 or more open disputes (no matter how they were started) at a given time then you can't start another dispute online at that time. As soon as you have less then 2 open disputes you can start another online dispute.

HTH,
    Brett

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Do you already have TWO disputes RUNNING???

2 MAX

9. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

This is weird, I don't have any disputes pending and it won't let me do any online disputes.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Equifax blocking my online dispute

Must be a GLITCH....

You can call