Equifax Collection Agency Deletion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Aug 27, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Last month I posted here that a collection agency that had an entry on my Equifax report had agreed to delete in return for partial payment. I was getting nervous because it's been a month and I hadn't yet seen the deletion but today it showed up on Privista.

Interestingly enough for the last three weeks Privista has shown the collection entry as in dispute. When the collection agency sent the notice to Equifax to delete it looks as though Equifax treated that as a consumer dispute and went through the verification process with it. Odd.

The collection agency also told me they were sending a deletion notice to Trans Union. The negative tradeline was never on my Trans Union report though, so I'm not sure what they are going to do with it. Maybe they'll delete one of my other negatives. :)

I just wanted everyone to know that it certainly is possible to negotiate deletion in return for either full or partial payment. This agency said "no" to me on the phone twice and once in writing. I was persistent and they finally agreed.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ditto! Congrats.

-Peace, Dave