Equifax Collection Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Ok.....

I just got off the phone with Equifax. I have 2 collection accounts that were supposed to be removed (according to the agencies). One I negotiated payment for deletion. They are totally dragging their feet on this and I'm pretty hot about it. I do have a signed letter from them stating our agreement and I called Equifax to see if I could support my case by faxing the documents to them. The refused to let me do that. They said that I just have to wait. They stated that the collection agency has until Thursday 10/6 to respond. No response from them yet. I hope they don't........THEY BETTER NOT! They really don't want me to drive up there. It's only like a 30 minute drive so....

The other is that DREADED RMA....she couldn't tell me much other than the fact they have until 10/7 to respond and they haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Wish me luck!

Happy Friday! :)

Time to go crack a couple of cold ones....

MP$40

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Why do you say "dreaded RMA"?

They have no more idea of what FDCPA demands of them than do 99 percent of the population and as a result they are always vulnerable to the next attack.

They simply do not understand the law and they do not understand what is demanded by the law.
    And even worse, they don't even learn after they have lost time and time again.

Like all the rest, they are *****cats because they don't want to obey the law.