Equifax.com's Deleted off my r

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 27, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Okay.

I paid $8 or so to equifax.com to get a report online (and free in paper).

There was an option to check the box to the left of every piece of information on your report and "DISPUTE" it.

Well, hell, i checked them all.

Today i got a letter from equifax, saying my current address, several inquiries, a few tradelines (bad), were disputed and removed!!

Best $8 i've spent using their automated dispute system.

No letters to write, just check the item you want to dispute.

Sorry junum, others, I have to pass this good word along..

I thought it would be a joke to select them all, and they did indeed remove stuff from the equifax.

No promises, YMMV, but its easy an cheap.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

how did you dispute inquires?

I have been using the online investigation for a few months now and I have found no way of disputing inquires?? You can dipute accounts, amounts closed vs. open, address, lates, collections etc. But I have seen NO place to dispute inquires???

Mom

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

These are why they claim you C

Bankruptcies
    Collection Accounts
    Credit Accounts
    Judgments
    Liens
    Garnishments
    Employment information may be updated or deleted as requested.
    Former address information may only be deleted as requested.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: how did you dispute inquir

I'm not really sure. they disputed my current address too. I just selected everything on their dispute boxes, then figured they would blow me off. Sure enough the new report, doesn't even show my current address. wierd folks, they are. no rhyme or reason.

It's possible some of the old inquiries i emailed their support service of that site no longer exist as entities, i noticed one or two i know who are no longer banks.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: These are why they claim y

Dont quote me, i have junum and other methods working on them at the same time, this letter.

(although this letter was from equifax themselves)

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I not trying to doubt you, but I was told by Equifax that they DO NOT handle disputes with inquiries, either by phone, letters or online disputing. Just curious how you got them removed. I have tried numerous times and they won't seem to budge on this matter.

Mom

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

im not sure. i'll inquire with them and post when i find more info. thanks for pointing that out.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I too have had luck

Thru the equifax online dispute I deleted 3 student loan defaults. I love that site. I am in the process of investigation now.

roni

9. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: I too have had luck

what is the web address for equifax

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

address

www.equifax.com

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

www.econsumer.equifax.com

roni.

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: I too have had luck

I had my chapter 13 bk plus 2 collection accounts deleted by using the online dispute. It worked like magic.

13. skip

skip Guest

Do you get a confirmaton that

Do they give you any sort of confirmation that they have received and or are processing your dispute? Does it appear on the site? Can you print it?