Equifax contact for disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Maximus, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Direct your complaints and equifax problems, verification letters to :

Attention: Arther Rubin, Manager
    Equifax
    P. O. Box 105888
    Atlanta, GA 30348

"On my command, unleash hell!!!!!!!!!!"

2. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Re: Equifax contact for disput

Sorry that's Arthur Ruben, Manager

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Max - Is this for complaints beyond the "normal disputes" or what?

Have you personally had a business dealing with him or you just trying to let us know where normal disputes should be sent?

Thanks.

4. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

I too would be interested in knowing that, as I have some inquiries I'm redisputing with them. Thanks, kate

5. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

This is where you go after your disputes have been ignored. He's higher up on the food chain and manages the consumer dispute section but as my grandfather, Nautyous Maximus used to say, "Start at the top!" - or was that regarding foreplay........... on any event, my personal experience after checking the company directory and getting rapid results on a verification directed directly to him, I got results after a 5 month runaround - plus you can send it certified to his attention and bypass the underlings. Long live Rome! maybe a bad thing to say on Good Friday, Sorry!

Maximus

6. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

additionally, the PO Box in the above post is Arthur Rubin"s and will get you past the anonymous cretins that shred or ignore your complaints or requests.

- Maximus

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Can you send "certified return receipt requested" to a PO box?

8. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Yes

9. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

LOL at the great post!

I wonder if he would just throw it to the other guys, and just have his personal little touch with it, so the little guys take it a little more seriously.

Dustin

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID??????

Don't belive everything that is posted on this site. People do tend to b.s. How do you know this is truly Eqifax's P.O. Box????? Hello????

Who is this Maximus person anyway???? He's not a regular. I did a search and this is his first post on this board. For all we know, this could be HIS P.O. Box and he could be getting important information about people by intercepting dispute letters that have your name, ssn, etc.

HELLO???????

BE SMARTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Cadillac408

Sorry! :-(

Didn't mean to call anyone stupid....that was my first reaction to the whole post and that is something that I should not have posted as a header. Sorry....I was just trying to warn people. I know how much credit repair means to all of us.....I just hate to see anyone get taken! Sorry...my bad! :(

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

13. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Suit Yourself

My old handle was "Credit Ranger" but that was then. And our old friend Bobby was using it a while back. I can understand the post "Bobby" cynicism. The address listed is correct but hell if you are paranoid just send it to the street address in Atlanta to the attention of Arthur Rubin, Manager.
    Venceremos
    Maximus

14. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Re: Suit Yourself

By the way, imagine all you could accomplish with records of people's ^$&^@@ credit files and documents. If one were to attempt a scam wouldn't it be better to deal with good credit or unblemished files?

15. Cadillac408

I see your point. It would be stupid to collect information on people w/ danaged credit, etc. but it woudn't be stupid for someone who could sell the information to illegal aliens that need valid info to work in the U.S. Didn't you hear about the Gerber Baby scam that involved millions of mothers sending "Crooks" copies of their kids birth certificates and Social Security cards in exchange for a $500 US savings bond? http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/science/urbanlegends/library/weekly/aa100197.htm
    It was thought that whoever started this wanted to sell this info to illegal aliens for BANK (I don't think that's mentioned in the link though).

I'm just saying, your post looked suspicious. If you use to post under "Credit Ranger" then why didn't you make that known?????

16. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Wasn't anticipating the torrent of paranoia and was in a playful mood after watching "Gladiator" Cool with that dude? I had a problem with a card I was an "authorized user" on and was disputing the data with Equifax, I provided copies of letters etc. In time I got the address and name of the manager of consumer disputes and the additional address. Please note the zip code is the same as that on the Equifax web site. In fact there are at least 3 addresses for disputes but this one also appeared on the return letter I received from Equifax. Just trying to provide some helpful info pal and I am calling it a night. Happy Easter and peace.

Venceremos,

C. R.

17. Saar

Saar Banned

Maximus/ C.R.

It is an honor to have you back, Credit Ranger. Or should I say General :)

Please don't be mad at Private MP$40 who did not recognize who you are. Remember, back then when you were in the desert before trying to salvage Rome from the Emperor's evil son, you did not wear your uniform and it was easy for people to mistake you for someone else. In fact this is what saved your life.

Saar

18. Maximus

Maximus Active Member

Re: Maximus/ C.R.

Saar

You are absolutely right and the private is forgiven, now for the glory of Rome and enhanced FICO scores...........

Now as far as validation vs investigation issues go, investigations should be the order, dispute, then go the validation route. The system is set up to frustrate efforts at credit repair and most people give up after a couple of letters. The system has difficulty with concerted efforts and as has been the experience of a number of posters, persistance pays off. Credit Bureaus are businesses and they make spend as little "man" hours as possible investigating complaints- there is no money in it and time is money. Lizard King has been very much on target and has put together excellent letter templates.

In the case of BR's on reports go for those first then dispute the negative account listings. Whaddah you mean discharged in BR when there is none listed? Anybody have a cousin in NY or a mail recieving service? Most negatives are deleted after 5 years there.

As my cousin, Biggus Mickus used to say, this is guerilla war baby......

Best to you all,

Maximus/C.R.