Equifax Continues to Screw w/me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Sep 4, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

OK,

I have done all I can. I have sent off the return-receipt letters. I have disputed since April. My mortgage rate went up 2% because of my Equifax score being 70 points lower than the other two. I believe I have made a clear path of attempts to correct this problem. Now it is time to sue. Not only are they continuing to report me as 90 days late in April (which is false) they now continue to report an account that has a balance of zero with over 16K.

Please, I have read the previous posts but would appreciate any step by step instructions someone could provide me. Do I go to my local magistrate. After reading a previous thread by I believe Donna, I believe I can prove harm done to me due to Equfax exclusively. As I stated, my interest rate went up 2% costing me approx. $150 per month.

Do I also name Ford Motor Credit in the suit. My only concern about proving damages is that my loan broker also screwed me and I am not sure how much he would want to help me out. Can I subpeana him. His direct statement to me was that my low Equifax score cost me my origninal loan.

Mike G.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Go to your local magistrate or small claims court. They should have fill in the blank forms there. I attached my own complaint to their fill in the blank forms. The court can then tell you the different ways you can have the lawsuit served. Once your lawsuit is issued and you have a case #, you can subpoena anyone you want.
    Good luck.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

i]Originally posted by MikeG [/i]
    OK,

My mortgage rate went up 2% because of my Equifax score being 70 points lower than the other two.=================================
    Don't see how they can do this if it isn't in your original loan agreement! Have you checked it to see what it says about this?

=========================
    Sure if they are in violation of the terms of the contract you signed!
    ========================
    THIS KIND OF FLEECE SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW-NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS:

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I sent off a letter via planetfeedback to the consumer advocate office. I also mailed a letter directly to the consumer advocate office for Equifax via return receipt. I stated they have until the end of this month to rectify the situation.

Mike G.

5. river

river Well-Known Member

I found out while cleaning up my report that CRA's are reporting what the creditors has delivered. Couldn't you call the creditors that are the holder of these acc'ts and ask it to be corrected. I have done this many times and have had no problem with them correcting their mistakes. I am sure creditor can vouch that there is no 0 balance on a acc't over 10,000.00.Intimidating and sueing CRA's to get items corrected or removed doesn't work for everyone.

6. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I have spoken with Ford Credit on several occosaions. They have consistently stated that they are not the ones reporting the incorrect balance nor the 90 day late. They blame Equifax and Equifax blames Ford Motor Credit. I have been in communications with both Ford and Equifax since April attempting to correct this problem. I believe I have exhausted all avenues and am left no other solution.

Read other Ford Motor Credit/Equifax posts and see niether are exactly stellar in customer service.

Mike G.

7. lbrown59

Would you recommend a ford?

8. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, yes I would. My brother has two Fords, I have an Explorer. Although I would not recommend anyone purchase any SUV unless they can afford the gas bill. My criticism is not the car, but their customer service.

Mike G.

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

LKH:
    Something I'm thinking might be getting missed here.
    At $150 per month for a 20 year loan is $36,000 he's talking about in damages.
    Hardly small claims court material.

Nuff said.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Request that FORD put it in writing on their letterhead noting the account number and your ss#. Make sure someone signs it and then send it to EQF. Don't play into the he-said, she-said problems. Don't give them the excuse!

11. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Would NEVER reccomend a Pontoac or any other GM....smoldering, flaming pice of camel dung :(

12. lbrown59

Why wouldn't you?

13. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

The question about GM cars was not directed to me but I will answer.

1. I worked for GM. I know what kind of junk they build. 2. I owned a Chevrolet, top of the line model for Chevy. Not a lot of small problems but some big ones. AC quit at 36,050 (yes, just 50 miles after warranty expired). Cost $650. Paint came off at about 30,000 miles. They claimed it was my fault but car was garage kept and polished every three months. They finally fixed it but only after 6 months of arguing. Forget the fact that most of the other cars like mine had the same problem of paint coming off - obviously it was all customer neglect. At about 40,000 miles, it was just too expensive to repair. I could get a new car cheaper than the monthly repairs.

What a piece of junk.

This is the car that convinced me to never buy an American car again

14. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Nissan...Toyota...Honda...Isuzu...Lexus...Mazda...

They may cost a bit more initially, but they are much better in the long run!

15. marci

marci Well-Known Member

And they hold their equity better over time. I love my Toyota.

16. lbrown59

My first car was a 1950 Chevy I got in 1958
    I have had 2 1955 Chevys 1 I got form my dad in 1962 He bought it new. The other one I bought at a car dealer about 1960.In 1962 I bought a 1960 impala convertible. In 1964 I bought a 1949 Chevy and in 1971 I bought a new Malabou convertible.I also have a 1950 Chevy I purchased in 1979 for a keepsake.The only lemon was the 1955 I got from the car lot.
    I would say this is a pretty good record for Chevy!

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

LB Brown:

And I would say you haven't bought any new ones lately.

18. lbrown59

Nissan^^^ I bought a new 1989 pick up. Today it has 24000 miles on it and is still like new.I call it my Cadillac truck:

Toyota ^^^ I have A 1992 pick up with 23000 miles on it. It's my other Cadillac truck!

19. lbrown59

I love my Toyota. :
    So do I! mine's a pick up

20. lbrown59

You don't need to buy any new ones when they are 9 and 12 years and are still like new. Try that with any 2001 Model !