Equifax credit watch ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jul 26, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has anyone subscribed to this. On their website I notice you get scorepower free if you sign up now. With this do you get your score only once? And what about the scorepower package that allows you to view your score four times for $38 something??

2. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

I subscribe to Scorepower. It so far has been worth the price. Each time you want to check the new score, remember you have to click on the new products Scorepower section. It will give you the current score. If you keep clicking current products you get the last score you had. It's not as confusing as it sounds. But, I kept thinking my score was'nt updating so I called customer service and they led me thru it.

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

With scorepower you only get to view 4 times per year??

4. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

That is true. But, I have noticed the only lenders/card companies that run Equifax seem to be mortgage co's. It might be based upon where you live. I checked my inquiries on all three burueas and noticed this to be true.

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I love all these "New" services that the CRAs are offering the consumers. After all, shouldn't we all keep giving them our hard earned dollars in order to see the information that they have about us? Sounds like a pretty good scam to me. They compile information that is "ours" and then charge us to look at it. What a novel idea. Its almost a form of extortion....

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I Have Credit Watch. Bought it before scorepower was available as a package. Anyway, I like it. However,you only get 5 credit reports a year. Their notification within 24 hours is quick. I have to credit them with being on the ball with that. I'll likely keep it because the price is not prohibitive. I'll likely keep Credit Expert, too but they have a ways to go to work out the bugs. Don't even ask me about Identity Guard...UGH

8. sl1029

sl1029 Well-Known Member

I keep wondering what kind of profits these companies will be posting next year....might be time to buy some stock!