Equifax Creditwatch Renewal??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by iambroke, Aug 31, 2003.

1. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I went online to see if I could get my equifax creditwatch report one last time (my year is up end of August-28th I believe) and ordered it. Couldn't believe I got a new report dated 8/31/03...but when I look at my creditwatch expiration date it says "subscription until 8/28/2004." I never renewed it.

My question is does CW automatically renew each year? I DO NOT want it again so who do I call to get it stopped? I can't find a phone number on their website anywhere. I don't see a charge on my CC for it either so I don't know what is going on.

Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU HAVE TO CANCEL

THEY HAVE ON-LINE E-MAIL OR CALL ON THE PHONE...

THEY HAVE AUTO-RENEWALS

3. iambroke

Yeah i found that out the hard way LOL

They emailed me back and said they send an email before renewing for the next year. I didn't receive that email so now i have to call them.

I go their phone no. to call them to cancel.

Thanks

4. AuntBrian

AuntBrian New Member

That was just so nice of them.

Always helpful those Equifax people.

NOT!!

5. iambroke

HA HA

And when I called them to cancel they tried the "DO you REALLY want to cancel and do away with the fraud protection, blah blah blah..!" Yeah, right like it's worth it all for that! I'll check my reports online a couple times a year for cheaper then they want to provide.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I CANCELLED FOR THREE REASONS!!!

"UNLIMITED" WAS DROPPED

4 SCORES AND REPORTS FOR MORE THAN I PAID FOR "UNLIMITED"

NOT USEFUL INSURANCE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE "UNLIMITED"

I TOLD THEM I WANT "UNLIMITED" REPORTS AND "UNLIMITED" SCORES...AND I DON'T WANT ANY STINKIN' INSURANCE!!!

SORRY "UNLIMITED NOT AVAILABLE"

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I USE SCORE POWER $38.85 FOR 4 SCORES AND REPORTS $9.7125 EACH...

I'M HAPPY I GUESS...

ALTHOUGH I STILL WOULD LIKE "UNLIMITED" BACK!!! Even if it was $69.95 for the year...

THEY MUST NOT HAVE HAD AS HIGH OF A DROP-OUT RATE THAT I THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN...

They SUCKERED them into staying...

8. iambroke

Plus the CS lady said "YOu have the service for 54.95/yr with unlimited report pulls because that is what you signed up for LAST year" Now I don't know if that is true or not but I still cancelled it.

I can order the report for cheaper then 54.95 even if I order 3 of them this year. Just didn't seem like the insurance was really worth that much to me. I used them for what I needed them for last year (cleaned up alot of stuff) so I dropped them.

Now i need to find a good one for all 3 reports which shows the actual FICO score. Is there such a thing?
    Does PG offer this? I want to be able to pull my 3 reports when I need to.

And Suggestions?

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Equifax Creditwatch Renewal??

THEY "SUBSTITUTED" THE SO-CALLED INSURANCE FOR YOUR SCORES!!!

SO WHAT IF YOU CAN "PULL" EVERY DAY...IF IT DOES NOT HAVE A SCORE ATTACHED...WHY BOTHER???

10. iambroke

Re: Re: Equifax Creditwatch Renewal??

But I did get a score attached when I pulled it on 8/31/03 which was after my prior subscription expired (8/28/03 was the expiration date that renewed until 8/28/04 automatically). Therefore my subscription is different then the actual equifax gold one as the CS lady explained to me. Mine was still for unlimited pulls, insurance, and scores.