Equifax = CSC ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bauhaus, Jun 27, 2001.

1. bauhaus

bauhaus Well-Known Member

I sent a request to Equifax for my credit report based on being denied for credit within the past 60 days. I was sent one, however it's from CSC Credit Services. I understand that they are affiliated with Equifax. If I dispute to CSC, is that essentially the same as disputing directly to Equifax?

The reason I ask this is because it seems Equifax wants a verification number from their credit report before doing any investigations....and of course there isn't one on the report I received.

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I'm in Dallas,Texas & my reports always come from CSC in Houston,Texas.I can go online & purchase a copy of my report(Equifax),but any disputes go thru the Houston office.

Even though several creditors have pulled Equifax, I'm diverted to the dedicated 800 # for CSC/Houston for a copy of my report.

However,when I WRITE directly to Equifax for a written copy,they WILL send it because they see the creditor that I mentioned that pulled from them.

Hope this helps,

Sister Girl

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Equifax owns CSC, CBC and a ton more nationwide.
    I never just dispute to Equifax.
    I dispute with both at the same time. If one don't mess up, the other one probably will.

But I get quite a few deletions because of the extra dispute letter sent at the same time.

Equifax will deny or screw me up and CSC will save the day.
    Happens a lot.