equifax dispute number

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As I posted I can't seem to locate the correct number for disputes. I have called 3 different numbers and they only pertain to ordering reports. If anyone has the number please let me know. Thanks

2. Larry

Larry Guest

About that dispute # !

going to qspace is not use... you should contact equifax instead... Equifax posted the following in their FAQs section:

"How can I correct a mistake in my Equifax Credit Profile?

Complete the Research Request Form that is sent with your Equifax Credit Profile, and give details of the information you believe is incorrect or CALL THE 800 NUMBER LOCATED IN THE RIGHT HAND CORNER of your Equifax Credit Profile in order to speak with an Equifax Information Consultant."

If there's no # write qspace and ask them for Equifax #... after all they send you their report and must have a # to contact them.

Good luck !

3. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Mom,

This is the number I use:

1-800-759-5979

And yes do not call Qspace, they are only a vendor of merged reports.

Good Luck,

BarryN

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Barry, I keep that one hand. I did find this number 1 800-255-0801 and disputed it and they will let me know is 30 days blah blah etc.

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Some other useful? Equifax #'s

1-800-882-0648 - You'll need your confirmation #

1-800-685-1111
    1-800-997-2493

I suppose you may be able to reach a 'real person' at this 1-800-846-5279 number as its their Consumer Relations line

Finally, their fax number is 770-375-2744

6. Momof 3

Momof 3 Guest

Thanks Steven, I did reach a live person who accepted my ss# for verfication the number i have is 1 800-255-0801

7. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott Well-Known Member