Equifax dispute question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bjoe, Feb 12, 2001.

1. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

I received a letter back from equifax stating that they forwarded my dispute to CSC because they don't have my records. What is this all about? I have never heard of CSC CRA. How does this affect the 30 day dispute deadline? Will this nnew agency have 30 days from when equifax signed the green card, or 30 days from when they receive my dispute? Has anyone seen this before?

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

CSC is your local credit bureau for Equifax. They have your credit file. They will take 30 days from the date they receive the dispute(s). All your disputes should be sent to that address from now on. Otherwise, they will just be forwarded to their office. It sucks! You can't do online disputes either.

My local bureau is CBC for equifax, the only two collections on my report are from CBC Collections. However, my new mortgage will be from CBC Mortgage. All in the same beloved (eeks) building. Hehehe :) Go figure!

Kelly

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

This can be a bad thing. Everytime I sent disputes, my local CRA placed an inquiry on my report. I just applied for a credit card from my CU and they denied me because of too many "neg" inquiries from my local CRA. I am disputing the inquiries as we speak! I can't stand Equifax or any of its subs.

4. mary

mary Guest

Sorry to but in Mother 2 but can you tell me how you will dispute these? I have the same problem with Equifax and CRA...Wont they be able to verify them if your dispute letters are there? Thanks