Equifax Dispute Results - SAD!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Equifax.

They removed Credit Regulating Services because they did not respond so that's good!

RMA still remains. What's stupid is a week ago they claimed that RMA had not responded. Well today Equifax says that they responded on 9/13! DAMN LIARS!!!!!!! I'm so sick of this. I'm calling them RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Then the Ford Credit trade was never actually re-investigated and they said the notation never came off from the last investigation. Then she went further to tell me that it will be on my report until 2/2005!!!!!!! What makes me mad is on Experian they claim it will be gone 2/2002. Oh well...

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It's possible that they did respond 9/13 but it did not hit the EQF system for input until recently. EQF knows they have 30 days... :(

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RMA Follow-Up

O.k. just got off the phone with these crack heads!

This is EXACTLY what I said when I got them on the phone:

I asked to speak with someone of AUTHORITY in regards to my account (in a stern voice). I was put on hold for 4 minutes. Ms. Kay came on the line and apologized for the hold time.

I then stated: "This will be my last phone call to you to try and resolve this matter amicably. At this point I am searching for a means to an end." She did not interrupt me so I then went on to explain the countless hours, letters via Fed/Ex, and phone calls that I have made to them AND MCI. I then told her that I wanted immediate proof that this debt was indeed mine since they have ignored all of my correspondence. She then stated that she was sorry for the hassle and that as we speak, she was deleting this from their files and sending this BACK to MCI to deal with. She then stated that they would update their tapes to the CRA to remove this from my file. I told her that this is what I was told over a month ago and it still hasn't been done. She then stated that she doesn't know why they told me that because they didn't have the authority to do it....but she does. I knew I should of wrote down names. At any rate.....I got all her info and asked her when I should expect to see this deleted. She said in 3-30 days, depending on when the tapes update and the CRA picks it up.

All this over $170. It makes me mad because I've spent just about that in hours on the phone, Fed/Ex fees, loss of wages, etc. I should of just negotiated payment for deletion.......even though the debt is NOT MINE!!!!! I know it's the principle of the matter but what are you to do when basically someone is holding your credit report hostage? Well....hopefully this will be the end to all this madness. I'm glad she jumped in and said that she was deleting this because at this point, I was ready to tell them that I would pay them in exchange that they delete it. Sad but true....

4. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Re: RMA Follow-Up

Good lesson for all of us, the paper trail, contact log can come in handy down the road. Us little guys have to protect our rights.

I hope this settles this for you!! I feel your frustration big time!!

Okay, now take a deep breath and try to not think about it now. IT"S FRIDAY!!!!!! :)

Hang in there!