Equifax dispute results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eman, Sep 22, 2001.

1. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I just received the results to my Equifax investigation today. There seems to be something very odd here. For the 2 accounts I disputed in the results of your investigation section, it says that "Equifax verified that this item belongs to you" for both accounts. Then, with the updated credit report that came with it, it does not include or show both of the disputed accounts that Equifax verified. So it appears that I have a clean Equifax file with no derogs. I'm just concerned why would Equifax claim to verify an account and not include it on my file. I just hope they don't reinsert those two bad accounts on my file. Any comments?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They're on drugs.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Call Monday to verify the status. 99% sure they're gone.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Equifax is on drugs. I had a repo from 1995 that had been reaged. I contacted the creditor, and to my surprise, they sent a udf to Equifax stating this account is in error. It is pays as agrees, never late. Equifax removed it and 2 days later, last week, reinserted it. I called the creditor who got very annoyed and called their rep at Equifax. As of Friday, it was again removed with the assurance from the equifax rep that it will not reappear. We'll see.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LKH
    I called the creditor who got very annoyed and called their rep at
    Equifax.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR REAL???

Write that one in your diary...a creditor helping EQUIFAX GET A CLUE!!!

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

For Real! Unbelievable - but true.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL THE CRA...NOT OUR PROBLEM...CALL THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY...NOT OUR PROBLEM...

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

We've NEVER heard that ROF LOL PIP!

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Don't know about them being on drugs but there's no ? that they are D O P E S !

10. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to call them because they might re-insert it if they see that they claimed to have verified it. I ordered my report yesterday online and it is still clean 4 days after the other one printed. I'll order one again in a couple of weeks (just won't pay for it though). Of course, I recommend to always order one BEFORE you apply for anything.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

VERIFIED is so "vague" it can mean name and SS# match on a computer for a debt...THAT IS VERIFIED!!!

They don't have to verify you lived in that city ever, they don't have to verify that you were even born yet, and they need NO PAPER COPY OF ANYTHING...

12. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, they keep telling me that one thing is deleted. Well, IT'S STILL FREAKING THERE EQUIFAX! Also had one entry from 1988 that they will not budge on. After diggin thru my files, I found a report from July 2000 without this entry. I am going toget them. They are wearing me out. TU and EX do not give me such headaches.

13. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I just called EQ today. They told me there were only 4 positive accounts. Apparently, the 2 derogs they claimed to verify last week are still MIA.

Main reason I called was to remove the promotional block I had placed on my file several months ago. I figure now that I have no negatives, I should let the offers roll in (no more Cross Country craptastic pre-approved junk offers). The EQ rep told me that was the first time someone actually called to have a promotional block removed instead of placed on their file.

This generated a new confirmation number which means I should get another updated report sometime this week (3rd one in less than a week).