Equifax disputing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have a rather strange question and if anyone has a clue please fill me in.

When you start and investigation online, I realized they give you a confirmation number, but when do they actually "hide" the item you are disputing, immediate within a day or two?? If anyone knows I would appreciate, I am trying to find out what hubby's score would be without this damn recent delinquent account and don't want to waste my money on score until I know it is being disputed.

Thanks
    Mom

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I would give it a few days. It still has to be sent to their "investigation team." That is what the rep told me when I called in a dispute this morning.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Not sure but FYI....

I had disputes going when I purchased my car. The items where still listed on my Equifax report but next to them it stated that there was a dispute in progress. The dealer showed me the actual report that he pulled (Mom and Pop place.....still called the credit report CBI). I didn't know about credit scores at the time so I didn't ask about mine. I don't think he did either....kind of an oldtimer. He even let me take the print out home but I returned it to him the following day. DANG.....should of made a copy.

Aside from the manifesto that I had to write to get my car (had to write a letter and explain each negative item on my report), I think having this notation next to items helped my story about inaccurate things on my credit report! But the items where very visable.

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Dispute in Progress

I have seen the same notation on my credit report when I bought my house at the end of last year. So the items are still there; however, they are noted as being under investigation.

Mike G.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Dispute in Progress

Thanks all, I guess "hide" was the wrong word. I have heard from several people that while their items were being disputed their scores were much higher, meaning that these items while under investigation weren't being factored in, that is why I wanted to know so I can see how bad equifax is messing with this score. I need all the ammo on them I can get so I can forward it to the attorney general and anybody else that will listen to me.

Mom

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Dispute in Progress

Momof3,

I understand your question and I would wait about 5 days after doing a
    dispute to pull my report. I'd also do an online dispute to make sure the
    dispute gets registered in the system.

I also suspect that disputed items don't count in scores while the dispute
    is open.

I am interested in how your husband's score will improve during the dispute.

Marci

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Marie

Thanks Marie, I sent them a detailed dispute basically threatening to file complaints with the FTC and AG, I sent this CM/RR last tuesday, I am going to call to see if the investigation has been started.

Last time I disputed online, believe it or not they supposedly verfied with 6 days after I disputed online!!!! Mind you these 6 days included the weekend BS. So I didn't want to dispute again since I already mailed one and I feel the last online dispute was NOT verified. I am at my wits end with Equifax, if this dispute does not work I have no idea what my next move will be??

Mom

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

oops Marci

sorry the above post was for you marci

Mom