Equifax fax becaon score vs Eloan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, May 12, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I was thinking how everyone says eloans score is way off. Well I just ordered my equifaax score from them. It was 548 same as my eloan score 3 days ago.
    Just thought you guys would like to know.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I thought Eloan pulled experian. That would make it different than equifax's beacon anyway. Right?

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

On April 29, my E-Loan score was 645. On May 1, my Experian score was 575. I always thought my Experian report was my best since my BK-7 is not listed.

Manny

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

e-loan pulls Experian not Equifax. the scores should be diferents

5. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

NO they were the same. My eloan was the same as equifax. No saying that do you think Experian and Equifax have the same scoring standards? I mean come on they may (eloan) pull equifax too. What's the chances of both scores being the extact same thing? ...Very slim.

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, the Fair-Isaac formula is always the same and is used by Experian, TU and Equifax for their credit scoring. Each agency uses another trademark for their version of the score.

Now each agency has different data about you and that's the reason the scores are different between the three of them. Different data into the same formula = different results.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You understand it as I understand it.