@*#@ Equifax. HELP!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monicagee, Nov 17, 2001.

1. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Today I receive my dispute back on an account that is a paid chargeoff and reported twice. The jerks verified the one account as included in bankruptcy and the other as a paid chargeoff. WTH is that? I never had a bankruptcy.
    Please someone help what and how should I handle this with Equifax on Monday?

2. dnsatt

dnsatt Active Member

I am new at this but I would request verification from Equifax. Obviously they verified wrong info since you never had a bankruptcy...

Hope that helps

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Send the process letter. It requests a full description of the process they used to verify the entry, including name and address of the person who verified. And don't let them get away with a re-investigation. That is their usual tactic. Insist i=on the process. You've nailed them!

4. monicagee

Breeze,

What is a process letter? How do I stop them or refuse a re-investigate?

5. dnsatt

dnsatt Active Member

see Sample Letter Forum

"Procedure Request"

6. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Right on the mark Breeze....but, I expected no less. :)

Do what Breeze says.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Awww shucks! Thanks :D

<blush>

8. monicagee

Thank Breeze!

After I send this letter what is the next process?

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They most likely will respond to this (process) letter by saying they will reinvestigate the item. You send them a nice polite letter that says, essentially "oh no you don't! You said you verified this. Either you did or you lied. How did you verify? If you do not respond with a description of the process, I will sue you for violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act."

Now, in order to say this convincingly, you must believe that you are right, so you should read the Fair Credit Reporting Act, hehe. It is the basis for most of what we do here. It is our legal right to do this, exactly the way it is described in this law.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

Enjoy!!