Equifax I am hopping mad!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I disputed a item on my husband's report on 3/20/01, expected finish of investigation 4/19/01, well I checked tonight and it already has been verfied, what a load of crap, 7 business days I don't think so. I am so sick of their crap, funny I disputed a simple closed account and it takes the full 30 days hmmmm, something is not right here. The account is his collection account, I disputed it on the fact that is is being reported as an "open" account, I always thought the definition of an "open" account was one that can be charged on or you can receive services from it, nether of these apply. I know they didn't even bother to investigate, now I just have to think what my next move is. I just filed a complaint with the FTC about this company, this is unbelievable, a closed account from 1995 should not be reported open:(

Mom

2. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Re: Equifax I am hopping mad!!

I wonder sometimes about these agencies. TU was very easy for me. Actually Equifax didn't give me any problem either. Strange I know based on all the problems here on the boards.

Now EXPERIAN is giving me fits about one account. They won't remove a trade line for my Bank of America mc when it was under Allfirst. I have almost paid off the B of A card but the Allfirst still shows the old 10,000 limit and the 9,000 BALANCE. Th card now has a 13,000 limit and a balance of 1500.00. ARGG. I just disputed for the second time on the phone. After B of A said they would take care of it. I did get a really good rep who agreed that it shouldn't be there and said after the dispute it shouldn't be a problem....so keep you fingers crossed.

I wonder why some people have harder times with different agencies. Do you think it has anything to do with your local area? Where you live? In VA they pull Equifax mostly all the time.

judy

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure Va here and they always pull Equifax, and I know it takes more than 6 ( i thought 7 but it was only 6 business days since I disputed and I darn well know they couldn't have verified in that time frame!! I don't know what to do now, but I will think of something.

Mom

4. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I agree mom. I don't think they could have even sent out the verification letter in 7 days. I tell you what. While I don't condone what Lizard does, I don't judge his actions. Or try not to anyway, sometimes I slip BUT....

If they leave that crap on my report one more time, I am going to write Allfirst and Bank of America with Lizardkings letter and threaten to sue thier butts if they don't get that crap off. It's only on Experian, not the others.

judy

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am outraged!!!!!!

I just checked on his report and those bastards changed every again!!! I can't believe it first stated it was 120 past due 10/2000, remember this account is from 12/95, it also had 1 90 day late entry, I just looked at a report tonight they have changed it to 3 90 lates and it shows 120 days past due 1/2001 and 2/2001. I can not believe they are doing this and Equifax is letting them. I need to do something quick, this probably brought his score down more!!!

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

How?

How did you check his complaint? I go to my report online and it's the exact same one from the 18th---how do you get an updated one so soon?
    Help...lost here

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: How?

If you use your new confirmation number that was given after you disputed , you enter that and if it lets you get through to the list of accounts then the investigation is done, I saw there was no change with the account listings, I disputed as closed not open it hadn't changes. I went ahead and ordered another report b/c I knew they would change it again and now this looks more damaging then the first one. I am about to cry at the moment I can not believe they are getting away with this.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am very upset, however this is my husbands report and he just wants it to be paid, if I could do something on his behalf I would, but I know he won't do anything directly:( Thanks for the offer though.

Mom

9. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Oh mom,
    I am so sorry. That is just evil, grrrrrrrr. I really hope this gets staightened out soon. Are you going to try Junum? I think it might be worth a shot for you dh.

10. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

ROFL Lizard....you are KILLING me man! (getting serious) Come join the dark side....

LOL, I can't even say it with a straight face.....whew! Now THAT was the laugh of the day.

I'm interested in joining the dark side...what must one do? To hell with the system...CONSUMER UNITE!

11. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I would join the dark side but the wiring and electronics involved give me the worst rash and makes me grumpy

12. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I think the usual way the CRAs verify is with a phone call. If the creditor says "Yep that's accurate, I see it right here in the computer." Then the CRA's will say it's verified and if you keep disputing they will tell you to take it up with the creditor. Granted I don't believe it is fair or legal to give them the benefit of the doubt over consumers but I'm pretty sure that is how it works so it could easily be done within 7 days of a dispute (or one for that matter).

13. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Momof 3, I understand!

Momof 3, I would be hopping mad, too!

Erik,

Equifax told me it does it's verifications via e-mail and that's why the
    turn-around is so fast. I agree that however they do it - IF they do it -
    they only ask "does your company recognize the name/account number" and
    rarely go deeper unless you threaten to sue.

By the way, how did your Cap One confrontation go and what did the
    gentleman from Fair Isaac say about the model "ignoring" accounts
    without credit limits?

Thanks,

Marci

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Re: Momof 3, I understand!

Marci,
    The guy from Fair, Isaac didn't know how it affected FICO so he said he'd find out and get back to me. I've been kind of busy moving into a new apartment lately so I'll probably call him again next week when my phone is turned on at my new place....

15. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Depending on the subscriber (Creditor) in some cases Equifax can simply verify your name and social security number matches the information on the creditors system - they consider this verification. In these instances no facts are actually checked on the specifics.

I think it is important to remember one point. The subsriber pays the bills at the CRA. The CRA could care less if the information reported is correct or not, they simply report what they are told by the subscriber.

16. Shaw

Shaw Guest

Mom I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I for one am a proponent of the DARK SIDE seeing as I have several accounts on my credit that show open. My most recent delinquency is 3 years old! but my FICO reason codes show "time since last delinquency to recent".

I understand those who's point of view are that "a debt is a debt", but I have a differing opinion on when a debt is paid. If I had a dollar for every time my wife cried because of serious hurt caused by their screw up on my report I'D BE RICH! If I had half of the money I paid just in outrageous interest over the years I'd be rich.

My point is that it's fine and dandy to say "a debt is a debt", but ummm I don't see them offering my doodly squat for amends! I could pay every penny I owe with $3500 but I couldn't finance a $8000 car with $4000 down and $4500 a month provable income. I'd say that I've taken my beating and payed every penny(SHEESH! LOL). So in closing GIVE'EM HELL LIZARD KING!!! I for one would be a most willing pupil of the DARK SIDE :)

sincerely Shaw