EQUIFAX inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Nov 9, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Does EQU separate the inquiries shown only to you and the ones seen by the creditors when they send you an update?
    All it says is companies that requested your file, there are 47 total, but there are 30 from Equifax
    some say:
    Equifax-Disclosure ACIS
    Equifax Consumer Services
    ID-Equifax Decision Solutions PRIVISTA
    Escoring Corp/Equifax/DBA Privista
    Equifax update
    Equifax Auto MTNC Update
    Between these they make up for 30 of my 47 inquiries, The first thing said when I get denied for credit (if they pulled EQU) is 'too many inquiries'. Is this crap gonna be seen by all and on there for TWO years?
    If so I think I should stop disputing or asking for the 'procedures used'.Thanks
    Kellie

2. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

Same question I have 34 equifax inquires are they affecting my score they recently deleted 2 paid judgements and one collection my score has dropped from 599 to 561 ?

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

EQ lumps them all in one section with designations next to each one like, AR for Account Review (soft) and PRM for Promotional (soft). The ones that have no designation, just the name of the inquirer, are hard inquiries.

SOFT inq's are NOT seen by anyone but you!

As to whether they affect your score, supposedly the ONLY ones used in the FICO model are the HARD inq's...but in a TU report, they seperate it down further between soft inquiries "seen only by you", and soft inquiries "seen only by you that DO NOT affect the score"...so I am not 100% positive on the scoring question.

-Peace, Dave

PS after 1 or 2 rounds of credit repair, we ALL have MANY Equifax MTNC updates, disclosures, Consumer services and ACIS...etc inquiries so don't worry bout that, that's just Equifax doing their updating, verifying and deleting to your report...I think.

4. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is if after the 30 Equifax inquiry things on there I only have 17 inquiries, make that 13 (I just counted 4 PRM's), most of which are last year or early this year, this is always the number one reason a creditor uses when they pull Equifax, too many inquiries.
    Kellie

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

13!!! 13 is alot of inquiries even if most are last year...that will easily get put as a derogatory reason. (I think I had 5 come up as an effect on my score saying "too many inquiries")

The basic rule is that they effect FICO scores for about a year...the first 6 months have the largest effect then after about a year they count little or nothing...but they will be seen by the creditor who pulls your account for the 2 year period that they remain on your report. If you have 13, that will bring up the designation of "too many inquiries".

How many are in the 6 months and then in the 1 year periods?

-Peace, dave

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can have NO inquires, owe NO money...THEY HAVE TO COME UP WITH 4 REASON CODES...

ONE REASON CODE IS AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER...(wife got # of inquires in last 12 months...ONE)...AND IT WAS 11 MONTHS AGO!!!

THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR AT WORK...

7. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

3 from 2001 (May or earlier) May 10th is the most recent by CBC collections, bastards!

6 from 2000 all are over the one year mark
    4 from 12/99, so these will fall off in a month

kellie

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Yea you are at the end of 2 periods...those from May move into 6+ month mark next month and those from 12/99 fall off in a month so after a month or so...

You will have none within 6 months
    You will have 6 that are over a year
    You will have 3 that are between 6 months and a year

leaving 9 total...so my guess is that you will have much better results in just one or two months. But as George said, with 9 on your report you could STILL get the designation of "too many inquiries" since they need to come up with 4 reason codes.

-Peace, Dave