Equifax inquiry deletes...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 21, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I mailed out my inquiry delete letter the other day and from what I've read here a lot of people have problems with them as far as inquiries. When they HAVEN'T deleted what type of letter do they send you if any? If they have deleted do they just send an updated credit report? Just kind of curious what I should be looking for. Oh and does it take 30 days or is it much shorter time until you get these letters. THANKS!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

"We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusions are:

INQUIRIES ARE A MATTER OF RECORD OF ALL COMPANIES THAT HAVE ACCESSED YOUR CREDIT FILE. REGULAR INQUIRIES REMAIN ON FILE FOR TWO YEARS.

Thank you for giving Equifax Credit Information Servcices the opportunity to serve you.

Glenn King
    PO Box 740256
    Atlanta, GA 30374"

It's my result when sending a certified letter. They will not start an investigation over the telephone and provide no means to do so online.

The repsonse is within days of their getting the request for investigation.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I disputed 8 inquires about 30 days ago and got my 8 deletions back yesterday. So 30 days is about right.

That's just one CRA, and I disputed with a total of 4

I'm still waiting for the big 3 to answer me back and we will see what happens then.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Mr. Bill... I thought you said the 8 deletions were from Equifax. Is that not correct?

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:

Equifax and CSC Credit Services in Houston are one and the same thing for all practical purposes.

CSC, CBC and a lot more of them all belong to Equifax, lock, stock and barrel. They were all "hometown" creditbureaus until Equifax bought them out.

The same thing is happening throughout the credit industry. The big 3 are buying out all the smaller hometown creditbureaus all over the nation.

The one in Oklahoma City was bought out by TransUnion a couple of years ago and we no longer have a credit bureau here that will deal with or have anything to do with consumers at all. They will only deal with merchants at the local level.

So CSC, CBC and all the rest of the "regional" offices all put out their own credit reports and when a consumer asks Equifax for a verification, the request goes out to thei appropriate regional office who does the verification and then reports back to Equifax. CSC at least also sends out their credit report at the same time. If you demand to know who did the verification from Equifax they write back and tell you that CSC or whichever refional office did the verification. They never tell you who actually verified.

So a reply and a credit report from the regional is far more valuable to the disputer than a report from Equifax itself which is often virtually useless.

Equifax has actually become nothing more than the middleman, at least in net effect. It's the regionals that do the work.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Nice reply, but I don't see where you answered the original question... Did you have 8 inquiries deleted off of your Equifax report? No one else has been able to do this.

I know about how local affiliates work Mr. Bill. But I'm sure some people who read posts here from OK will appreciate the additional info.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:

I have only received the one back from CSC to date. That's why I posted earlier in the thread that I'm not doing any crowing about it yet. I'll only start talking about it much if I can get all of the inquiries I want off of all the CRA reports with only one, or at the very most 2 tries. I' m after 100% success on all credit bureaus, large or small and I'm not going to settle for anything much less than that. If I can't get it done with the two methods I'm using now, then I'll develop new ones until I get it perfected. And if I can't get it perfected then I'm not going to even be talking about the subject.

I'm pretty much a perfectionist, and I don't give up until I get the job done one way or another.
    That's just like I am with Bankruptcies. I'm not much on bankruptcies, and I don't claim to be. i tell people right up front that I don't know much about bankruptcies and how to get them off credit reports. But I'm picking up bits and pieces of information here and there all the time, learning from others. One day, I'll find that vital information that will let me get rid of bankruptcies too.

Same thing with paid collection accounts. I have some success at it as others have testified, but I don't claim to be very good at it. When the time comes that I can get them off 100% of the time, then I'll claim I can get them off. Until then, I don't want to be responsible for failing to get them off.

Same thing with student loans. My wife has one and she's keeping it paid up. I had one and I made student loan authority forget about ever collecting it, I ran all their collection agencies off and they must have sicced half a dozen of them on me before I forced them to call it off and forget about ever getting the money and when I did that I made them take it off my credit reports as well. They did exactly that. I left them no choice but to comply. But I can't do that for others except in very special cases as mine was. So I tell people I don't know nothing about student loans except for their collection agencies which I can run off just like any other kind.

Any of the other stuff, I never fail on. 100% success. Kill them every time. Kill the debt and kill the bad credit reports too.

I can do that and never miss, so I think that qualifies me to say I know something about debt and credit repair.

And so it is with inquiries. I'm just working on it and one little success story don't make me no expert on the subject, so I can't say as I know much about it yet. You can bet I'm pretty likely to get there and get the job done, however.

Make sense?

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Much more sense, yes... Thank you. I've never had to deal with an affiliate. All of my reports with EXP, EQF and TU are issued on the national basis from Allen, Atlanta and Chester.

I will give you a little information that I have heard... The big three require you to work with the locals in many cases. If you have an affiliate and try to start any type of investigation they will kick it to the local... Perfect example is the zip code filter now being used by EQ for online disputes.

I just hope that you're not spinning your wheels working what is really 3+1 and not four credit reporting agencies.

I know you consider yourself a "collection agency" oriented guy and thought you might like the experience of a "credit reporting agency" guy.

9. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

He he. My orientation is whoever the heck will get me a great credit report.

Whether Experian (so helpful), the rip offs Equifax and Trans Union, the likes of bill collectors, the aid of Bill and others on this board, I just take what I like :)

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

bkev:

Oh, I'm not spinning my wheels at all unless I get dumb enough to fall for all the tricks and traps and pettifoggery put out by the big 3. I learned long ago not to let them birds flimflam me. I learned all their little tricks long ago and learned how to go around them. That's also why I don't go flinging round after round after round of disputes at them trying to make them believe a lie is the truth and the truth is a lie. It's an exercise in futility;
    I used to be one of them "credit reporting agency guys" until I learned to quit crawling around in the mud and the blood and started doing it the right way.

I still use them, but only as evidence of wrong doing. I just use their pack of lies against their customers. When they tell a lie, they end up telling it to their own customers, not me. They tell me they verified something, they had damned well better have done it because if they tell me they did, I'm not going to argue about it. I'm going to call their lie the truth and use it against their customers.

If their customers think it's a lie, let them sort out the mess and prove the credit bureau wrong. If they are telling lies, it's not my problem, it's likely to be theirs when and if a mad customer hauls them into court and sues them for their lies.

That works this way. A customer of mine brings me a demand letter from a collection agency. I have the customer demand validation using my letter. And he also disputes with the Credit Bureau if it's on his credit report. The credit bureau comes back and claims they verified it. That means the collection agency violated FDCPA and the credit bureau is the proof they violated it.

If it goes to court, the customer or his attorney will argue that they violated FDCPA by verifying the debt within the 30 day period after dispute and will use the credit bureau reply to prove the point. If the 3rd party collector comes back claiming he did no such thing, he can tell it to the judge and see who the judge believes. And if he gets hung out to dry because of the lie the credit bureau told, that is between him and the credit bureau, not my customer.

That's the only way I get dumb enough to fiddle with the credit bureaus until the very end and then I just let the 3rd party collector worry about getting the deletions done in a timely manner.
    He'd better get the job done in a timely manner or else.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

But i thought you've never, or your clients/customers have never, taken anyone to court... you just use the threats.......

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:
    I've never yet sued anyone, but I do have a case that's just getting started. I am having that one handled by David Szwak and his local associates.[quote[or your clients/customers have never, taken anyone to court...[/quote] I have several people who have gone to court as a result of having been sued and using my suggestions and briefs and motions have won their cases. One of them was a gentleman who was being sued for 6 million dollars. He won it easily. But I've never had a customer who actually filed suit while I was doing their work for them. I have a couple who had filed suit(s) before they became my customers and it is my understanding that they too have never actually had to go into court. To the best of my knowledge and belief, their "victims" decided at some point along the way to just give up on the issue and settle out of court.
    So far, that's been the case. However, one must always remember and be prepared for the fact that if there is smoke, sooner or later an actual fire is also likely to erupt and so the need to sue will happen sooner or later. I currently have some customers who are on the verge of doing that now. When they are ready, I will refer them to competent legal counsel who will handle their cases in the appropriate manner. I'm not an attorney and I can't assist them in court and I can't give them legal advice. I can give them some ideas if they want to go pro se.