Equifax Inquiry Success!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 28, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I recieved an updated copy of my equifax file today. I successfully got my inquires from 26, in the past 12 months to now 17 in the past 12 months. Ill continue to get more deleted as the summer approaches!

I just thought I'd share!

PSUgirl

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

PSU Girl

Have you received all your inquiry removals with credit bureau disputes only? Or, have you disputed directly with the companies as well?

Kelly

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi Kelly,

I have disputed by calling equifax and getting the rep to delete them. It could be a little tricky. They'll give you the runnaround about "inquiries stay on your file for 2 years...blase, blase, blase!) You know what I mean.

My secret to getting my inquires removed was the following:

-First call the creditor directly.

-Explain to the rep that you recieved your report and you found and inquiry from thier company. Your calling to request written proof that you athorized it.

-9 out of 10, that dont have the old app, if you applied with them. or its deleted, or not found, or yada, yada, yada.

-if they cant tell verify that they are SENDING you, MY MAIL, proof of authorization then...obtain the persons name, or supervisors name.

-Go to the BBB site and file a complaint: explain that you contacted the company to request proof and an inaccurate inquiry on your report and have not recieved anything....go on to say that...the inquiry is hurting your creditworthiness and inaccurate...keep going to say that....from what you understand, the FCRA doesnt allow for a business to inquire your report with a permissible purpose....you get the deal!

-submit your complaint.

-the bbb with foward it to the company

-within 30 days youll start getting either letters of validation to the inquiry or DELETION letters!

-The BBB is on your side, ive found that most companies would rather not even hassel with finding your application, if there is one, and they WONT want to have a file with the BBB, bad for business... so they'll deleted it.

-soon after, you'll start to recieve updated reprots with inquires deleted!

SHOOSH! Keep my secret on the Down low! (just joking)

~~~just to let you know that you are not doing anything wrong....if the creditor refuses to send you proof, by law.....you have the right to file a complain with BBB... they really work for you!

PSUGirl

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Sorry for all the miss spellings and miss haps, studied too hard for finals!

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Awesome strategy!!!

Mind if I steal it?

:)

Kelly

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

My Turn to get qspace back!!!!

7. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Wow, PSUgirl.....that concept is a work of art. Thank you for sharing that one.

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Great news! You're the first one I ever recall hearing from who's found success with this :)

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Your right,

This method does work...within the past week, i recieved my trans union file with 3 inquires deleted.

You must remember to have patience, when you start to think that you are not getting replies in the mail, you do!

And, the best part about it. Not only does the creditor contacts your within a reasonable time frame, but the BBB will also send your a follow up letter (THE CREDITOR HAS TO SHOW THAT BBB THAT THEY TRIED TO SATISFY YOUR REQUESTS FOR DELETION OR PROVIDED YOU WITH PROOF)...

Heres a little example of my recent success with experian and providian bank.

I filled a complaint with the bbb about providian inquiring my file 3 times in past year.

I called to request proof of validation first...no success....

I soon after recieved a letter in the mail from a guy in thier executive offices that said that he thought they were promotional inquires and not hard inquires. I explained that they were hard inquires on my experian and that no one will send me proof.

He requested that i fax him my inquiry page showing that these were hard inquires. I did. He sent me a letter stating that they were requested to be removed of my experian.

And the best part about it, when i asked for a credit line increase with a customer service rep...I was transfered BACK to him. ( dont know why)

He increased my credit line, and refunded my annual fee for dissatisfaction. I think he did it because there was a complaint with the bbb!

O well, it works, just be patient and always ask for proof of validation first!

PSUgirl

10. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Sounds great! I just might try that myself.

judy