Equifax Onlie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chelechele, Aug 26, 2001.

1. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Why do I get stuck after I put in my zip code on the online investigation? EVERY TIME!!!...Breeze, I know you tried to help me before, but I'm stuck.... :(

2. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

this happenes to me also...when you put the zip code in, use your mouse and CLICK on ENTER...this usually fixes the problem, for some reason, you cannot just press ENTER on the keyboard..

Hope this helps..

3. chelechele

No, no see, I put in my zip code, click submit, get the next screen and then click next at the bottom of the page and that is where i get a popup that NEVER loads.....

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think your problem was that you are restricted to dealing with your local bureau. You cannot deal with EFX online, they will always refer you back to local bureau.

Perhaps someone on here has discovered the way round this?

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

credit goes to Erica for this tip:

Don't know if this is part of the problem but every time I go past the page where I put in my zip code, I get a "server error" page or something similar, and if I just hit "refresh" it comes back up fine and I am able to access the next screen asking for:

-Confirmation code from a hard copy report
    -Last Name
    -Last 4 digits of SS#
    -House # (or something similar I think)

You will need that confirmation # before you can dispute online.

Breeze may be correct, (she usually is) some folks are unable to dispute online because they are forced to deal with their local office or affiliate. Hope it works though.

-Peace, Dave

BTW Erica I already got the results from that online dispute back..previous address GONE :) What date did we do that, I know I only did an address, but I got the letter Aug 20 seems FAST

6. chelechele

Stinkin rotten Equifax...nope, doesn't work...guess the phone will have to do....

7. chelechele

OOH wait...do you think it would make a difference if I had score power...just a thought...

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

are you trying to do an online dispute?? Or just trying to get your report?????

9. chelechele

I'm in Florida...does this help?...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think she got her report from the local, and is trying to dispute online. I was helping her via email. Told her to try disputing online after she got the report. Somebody had a way to do it...was it you?

11. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

You can't dispute online if they have a local affiliate that services you...period..

jmart