Equifax online dispute problem

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 21, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have been checking daily to see results from the latest dispute with Equifax just this morning it gave me the esitmated conclusion as 5/23/01, now this evening I check again (impatient aren't I) and now it states estimated time started 00/00/000 and completion time 00/00/0000, what the heck does this mean?? Anybody else have this experience??

Mom

2. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Mom, how do you check the status of an investigation?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Log on to the site and click investigate, then enter the confirmation number you were given when you did the dispute, if the page appears telling you start date and completion date then the dispute isn't finished, but if you enter the confirmation number and it lists your accounts then you can check on the account to see if anything changed.

mom

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Mom,

It means they're done investigating, but still haven't updated the web site server. Call them to see what the results are.

Saar

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Saar, shoot they won't talk with me hubby's account and he has no clue about credit reports etc.

But thanks atleast I know what it means now:)

Mom

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom,

I had an awful time disputing online the last time I did it back in November. I posted it on the board. But everyone was saying that THEY were not having a problem so I left it alone. I blamed it on the holidays etc. My investigation basically was never finished. I called equifax and they said it was done but nothing came online or to my house. It was over the student loans so I left it alone. I got those off now anyway. But since December, I dont trust the online thing anymore. I dont know what happened by I had a similar situtuation as yours. I would call em at around 35-40 days.