Equifax online dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 8, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I know this has been discussed before but could someone please confirm..when you go back to Equifax after starting a dispute and it says the dispute is ongoing but you click "Start an investigtion" and it shows your list of accounts and an item is gone that was there previously..that means it was deleted?? (It was a disputed item)

Did I make any sense? Too much chlorine?

2. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

es, from what I`ve seen the item will be deletetd.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yahoo! Makes me and hubby clear! (except for bk13) but clear of all mistakes!! No way...that's great news..

Thanks for the response..if anyone else knows this as well, the more confirmations I have from you all the better..thanks!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I can't do ON-LINE disputes, but from previous answers, the "old" disputed accounts are "put elsewhere" until the dispute is resolved...

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmm..ok...anybody else have an opinion...I thought I remembered that when this happened before it showed "under investigation" but when it was deleted, it was off completely...

Hey, George, why can't you dispute online? I could in Aurora?? I can't here but they still have my address as Aurora...

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

investigate your file

If you would like to investigate an item in your credit file, please contact Advantage Network Systems, Inc, PO Box 1180, Grand
    Junction, CO, 81502 at (970) 245-4236

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Gee, George, that just stinks..sorry! :(

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SO I PAY 10 CENTS A MINUTE (I THINK) TO QWEST...TO BE ON HOLD FOR 30 MINUTES...

Or type a letter for changes...The only problems I have anyway are CLOSED ACCOUNTS SHOWING OPEN and OPEN ACCOUNTS SHOWING CLOSED and some CREDIT LIMITS not showing at all...

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but usually if the investigation is not complete the item will NOT appear when it ask you if you want to start another investigation, I believe they don't list this b/c it is already being disputed. This happened to me several times while disputing hubby's paid collection and the first 2 times I got excited and thought it was removed but it wasn't, sorry don't like giving bad news:( But hopefully this time around it will be deleted for you.

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Nana

How's it going with the new house?

Cyprigirl:)

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mom..that's ok..I'll just think "happy" thoughts..LOL...

Cyprigirl..thanks for asking..it's so much fun..we are waiting for the final word in that they had to overnight the papers last Tuesday to Phoenix for the seller's signature..(well, the hubbys') and then have them sent back..I just want to know that all the paperwork is completely done! :)

12. Saar

Saar Banned

NanaC: Momof3 is right.

George: you should file a FTC complaint for their inability to provide you w/ a 800 number to call. This is what the FTC-CRA's settlement requires them to do.

Saar

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Saar!

14. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, the reason the item is not on your second investigation is because you have already investigated that item. They will not allow to start another investigation on that item until the existing investigation is over. So it is not deleted it is just already under investigation.

Mike G.