Equifax online dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Ok guys

I'm an idiot. But I can't get this online dispute thingy to work. They ask me for the confirmation #. I used the online credit reports. I don't see a confirmation number anywhere?

kelly

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

pull up your online credit report and then hit dispute button. Try that and let me know how it works. And you are not an idiot. Only those who dont dispute are idiots

roni

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

One other thing Kelly, do you have a paper one from Equifax, you can use that number at the top as confirmation number. I got hubby's report from their site and I log in on his name, then I put my confirmation number from my numerous updated reports and start my own dispute!!

Mom

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

It still asks me for a confirm

I emailed customer support.

I've looked through old reports- but they are all from the local bureau here - I don't see where the confirmation number is

Arghh!

I'll look again

Thanks
    Kelly

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: It still asks me for a con

TRY A REPORT # (10 DIDGETS LONG)???

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: hope this helps

I had the same problem. This is the response I got from customer service.

" If you placed the order for your credit report for online viewing, you will
    find the information you need to launch a dispute on your Personal Data Screen
    under "Investigate your File". Here you will be given a confirmation number and
    a link to begin the investigation online or the toll free number and address to
    the affiliate office that manages your file. If you are directed to an affiliate
    office, the online investigation feature is unavailable for you because
    affiliate offices cannot process investigation requests from the internet."

Mike

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: hope this helps

Aha!

It does direct me to an affiliate office for disputing.

Thank you, Now I can stop pulling my hair out searching.

Kelly