Equifax online dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 26, 2000.

1. Adogg71

Adogg71 Well-Known Member

Ok, so somewhat of an update, I have heard back from Equifax on the judgement and it appears they will not take it off but just verify it, yet it shows a different amount than what was paid. Funny how they don't have the option to choose wrong dollar amount on their online dispute option. I'll have to sit tight on that one till next year :/ . The other two accts. that are old are still being looked into and are about 9 days away from 30 days before they have to remove them by law. Just a waiting game here. CC's are still at a balance of $1 and my score stays way below where it was, but that's the FACO through Credit Karma & Credit Sesame. My new CC FICO score shows 760+ but that won't be updated till the 10th, I'm hoping that doesn't drop as well! So I guess adding a new acct hurt me more than helped me. Keeping my fingers crossed

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Regarding the judgment, you can always send in a written dispute CMRRR instead of having to stick with whatever options they offer via the online dispute. That's the preferable route anyway. And if they're actually reporting the wrong amount paid, then that's certainly something that should be disputed as incorrect.

Also, adding a new credit card will often hurt you a bit at first, but it the long run it should really help your FICOs as long as you keep the credit utilization low and always make on-time payments. Just be patient and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

3. Adogg71

I hate to sound silly but can you explain CMRRR? I did some searching and cannot find the meaning.............might just be too early in the am here :)

4. Adogg71

Nevermind! It was too early my coffee wasn't doing what it was supposed too!

5. JoshuaHeckathorn

Hahaha, no problem. Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested (CMRRR) :)

6. Adogg71

OK so, they took off the items that I had disputed so all that is left is the judgement that is paid but shows a lower amount than what was paid. So I really cannot gripe at this point I assume. Do you think I should still put up a fight to get that removed? On another note should I reach out to the court and see if they can remove this,or talk with the Equifax to have this removed? Thoughts on this would be enlightening!

7. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Judgement validation is an entirely different process.

Did the plaintiff notify the court that they consider that the judgement is paid?

8. Adogg71

Yes the judgement has been validated and noted as paid but, it shows a different amount than what was paid. It is due to fall off my report in Aug of next year but I would love to be able to have it off sooner as it it the last item on my report with them. The other CRA have dropped it from theirs as well.

9. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about what is VALIDATED on your credit report; IF you go to the court house to ask about the judgement, what is on file there. They are two different things. Unlike trade lines, judgements are validated not by contacting the original creditor, but by going to the court.

If the person who had the judgement didn't file the correct amount with the court, the court will not have the correct information.

10. Adogg71

Understood. I personally have not talked with the courthouse other than getting the law firms information to pay off the debt. If you are referring to the original amount that I defaulted on then yes it IS correct. What I agreed to pay was the amount that was showing an none of the interest. But THAT is the difference to which I refer to. I paid more than what is showing on my report.

11. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

I would check with the courthouse to see if it has been listed as being SETTLED at the courthouse.

With a judgement, they have someone go to the courthouse to look at how it is listed at the courthouse. So, if it's still showing a balance owed, they may not have properly updated the court when you made the settlement.

12. JoshuaHeckathorn

Judgements are really tough to get rid of since they are public record. It might not be worth the extra effort since it's going to be gone in about a year anyway. Who knows, it might magically fall off earlier. I've seen that happen several times with judgements.

13. Adogg71

I agree totally. I had disputed the same judgement with TU & EX and they both removed it from my reports with them. So it seems I'll just ride it out on this one!

14. Adogg71

Been awhile and things are going back to normal here. My reports have grown by 30+ points since the new acct opening :) It's almost like a garden that you plant and watch grow. Now it's all just a time game.................

15. JoshuaHeckathorn

The one nice thing about credit repair is that time will heal all wounds! Congrats on the recent increase you've seen in your credit scores Adogg!