Equifax online disputes question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by metallicat, Jul 7, 2001.

1. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

https://www.ai.equifax.com/eisc/ainv.html

Equifax is requiring a 9 digit confirmation # in order to dispute accounts online...but where the heck can I find it? I've looked all over my online credit profile and can't find it anywhere.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Although I can't help you find it because I don't have all the info available to access the sheet, I might add a bit of humor.

I see from the link you provided that it starts with an (ai.)

AI usually indicates "artificial intelligence" in programming lingo.

Quite often it seems to me that they must really have a complete set of Artificial Intelligence. In fact, it usually seems like that's about all they do have is "artificial" intelligence rather than any real intelligence.

If you would like me to look further and see what I can find, you can email me the necessary info to access the page and I'll see what I can see.

If you don't care to do that, OH WELL

Have a nice one

3. Illini

Illini Well-Known Member

I looked to dispute Eqifax online myself. I coundn't find the conf # either. I called Eqifax and they said that I had to do all of my disputes through some organization called CSC out of Houston. It was listed at the bottom of the printable view of the credit report. This sucks. I don't know why they would have an online dispute feature and then not allow everyone to use it. I just sent off my disputes to Equifax yesterday via certified snail mail.

Illini

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

It seems that if your account is handled by a contractor like CSC, you won't be able to dispute online.

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Thats odd. My TU report comes from an affiliate credit bureua in Tampa and I was able to dispute with TU online. I don't see why Equifax would be any different.

As for your Equifax online credit report confirmation number, it should be located on the cover page of the report. Thats the page that has your name and personal data. The confirmation number is in very small fine print towards the center of the doccument.

Hope this helps.

Manny

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I see you have a bit to learn.

CSC out of Houston is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equifax.
    So is CBC and others. And each of them puts out a separate credit report of their own.

That makes them all credit reporting agencies in their own right, therefore subject to the same laws that Equifax is.

I really like them and I use them to put the screws to Equifax itself. Equifax thinks they are so damned smart creating all those extra new credit bureaus. All they did was shoot themselves in the foot.

Just respect them for what they are and use them to your advantage

7. EPM191

EPM191 Member

Just pay $8.95 to get Equifax credit file on line, and you will get your 10 digit # on the last page of the credit report. Otherwise you have to get it from Equifax credit report mailed to you by your request.

8. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

There is no confirmation number on the report that comes from CSC. However, I have been disputing online anyway without a confirmation number. If you dont have one, just put in another number and they will allow you to dispute via email. This way, you are still disputing but you will not be able to track the progress of the disputes.

There is always a way to get around the SYSTEM!!!!

Good Luck

9. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

I was going to dispute online but I didn't like the fact that you had to choose one of three choices. What if none of them apply to the situation? What if you don't want to give them a reason, just verify? I guess I'll just mail it.

10. MiamiBlues

Bill,

When I read the original post the person indicated that they couldn't find the confirmation number on the report. I pulled up a hard copy of an old online Equifax report I had and found the confirmation number on the first page. I didn't realize that his report came from an affiliate. However, my TU report comes from an affilate and has a number.

As for having quite a bit to learn, I'm sure that I do. That's why I visit this board and absorb as much info from the folks here.

Manny

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I learn an awful lot that way too.

Some folks put out pretty good info. But also sometimes you have to read between the lines, analyze what they say and see if it corresponds to what the law has to say on the subject, sometimes you just have to apply good old common sense to the experience you already have.

But in the end, if you know the law well eoough, know how the credit bureaus and the system works, you most assuredly can get the job done.

Truth is that thre is only so much out there to learn. There isn't likely to be any "gurus" out there who know it all. The only guru in this business of repairing credit is the fellow who just happens to know more than you do because he has done his homework.

If the "guru" claims he has magical powers or magical secret medicinal potions that will make it all well for you, you can bet he is so full of hot air that he is in grave danger of just rising up into the atmosphere and get blown away just like any other hot air device. (;-))

I don't have any magic medicine, Junum don't have any magic medicine and Lex don't have any magic medicine and nobody else does either.

It's just a matter of who has the knowledge and the experience to get the job done, and anybody can get that for themselves the same way all the gurus get their magic medicine. They work hard, they devote tons of time to the learning and they go get the hands on experience to know how to get the job done.

Anybody can do the same if they want to take the time and the trouble.

And if they don't want to do that, then they need to let one of the "gurus" do it.

12. MiamiBlues

Bill,

Well said!

Manny