Equifax Online Disputes work

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Jul 14, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

I had 8 collection accounts with NCO Emcare and disputed 6 of them and 4 of them now state they have been paid..Do not know If I did pay them or not or the company did not get back to equifax in time...2 came back stating that they were VAI...That means I now have 4 accounts that are still in collections and 2 charge offs remaining on my credit report which are Hechts and Ciruit City..The sad thing is that the accounts remaining accounts in collection status is that the total money owed is $232...AND MY EQuifax REPORT NOW STATES THAT I WAS BORN IN 1919 WHAT THE HECK I was born in 1977....How do I correct that ?

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Maybe being older helps your credit score. :)

I think Breeze had that problem -- with the exact same year. Someone there must have a sense of humor.

3. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Sense of humor ? I hope with everything I have learned and continue to learn on this site that when i am really 82 my beacon will be at least 750...By the way new accounts really do hurt your beacon June 16th 533...July 14th 506 ouch...3 new accounts reporting...at least I have a few accounts which state pays as agreed...

You know what I think i better restate the 750 and lower my expectations to a 650 in 59 years...Now that is humor :)