Equifax-Online Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me the credit profile number used to dispute for the online system. I have this long number, but is it the one i need?

Thanks

Reshod

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Did you try it? I just checked the status of the investigation on mine and the confirm has 9 digits. Are we talking about the same thing? Or are you trying to START an investigation?

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

i am trying to start an investigation.

Where did you get the 9-digit number from??

S.D. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Did you try it? I just checked the status of the investigation on mine and the confirm has 9 digits. Are we talking about the same thing? Or are you trying to START an investigation?

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Well, on your report I guess there's a long #. Maybe you should try that. After they start the investigation, they give you a 9 digit confirm # that you can use to check the status of your investigation. If they've finished the investigation, the updated report shows up. They state that it's usually finished in two weeks, but can take up to 30 days.

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

thanks

6. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi Reshod,

I am unable to dispute items online because a local agency handles my report. Did you order your report online. If you log in to check your report and on the first page there is an affiliate agency listed, you can not dispute items online.

Kelly

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Thanks Kelly,
    that is what is going on with mine. It is handled by CSC in Houston, TX

Thanks,

Reshod

Kelly wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi Reshod,

I am unable to dispute items online because a local agency handles my report. Did you order your report online. If you log in to check your report and on the first page there is an affiliate agency listed, you can not dispute items online.

Kelly

8. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Reshod,

The number you are looking for to dispute online is the 9 digit confirmation #.
    It is not your order number.
    If you live within an affiliated area, you will not receive this confirmation number and will not be able to dispute online.

Himmel