equifax online disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Dec 27, 2000.

1. mt

mt Guest

Okay, so I ordered my equifax report so I could initiate an online dispute re: SallieMae reporting 8 student loans as 16 student loans, doubling my debt. Anyway, my report came back online, however, I am unable to initiate an online dispute. My credit report is mysteriously missing the confirmation # required to initiate an online investigation... I'm so annoyed and have requested a refund.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks!

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi mt,

You can not initiate online disputes if you have a local bureau handling your file. It sucks!!! That's why Equifax is my worst report. My local bureau is filled with a bunch of idiots. I've got one student loan showing 90 days late 90 days after I graduated. Come on!!! Federal student loans are in deferment for 6 months following graduation. I've sent a copy of my diploma, and printed off the pertinent information from the student loan website highlighting such information. (They always send me stuff back highlighting crap without investigating) No Freakin Luck GEEZ.

Kelly

3. mt

mt Guest

HOW ANNOYING. I'll be certain to post again with a follow-up.

Thanks for the info., nice to know now, I do not remember seeing it on the website. I do remember seeing the name CSC as the local (in Texas, I believe) handling my file.