Equifax only, what cards just

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Rocky, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks for everybodys patience,I'm looking for some new info on my good credit report. Thank you much.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Equifax only, what cards j

My Equifax report is also my best, so good that too many accounts could ruin it. Still, to get any retail accounts at all, I had to use my best report.

I called Dillard's and Robinsons-May, and both told me that they usually pull from Equifax. In Arizona, where so many creditors pull Experian, I found that refreshing. Macy's also pulled Equifax on me, but uses Experian as well.

I once visited the Web site for May Department Stores, which operates Robinsons-May. They had a map there of all their different divisions, which cover most if not all of the country. I would guess that most of those divisions also use Equifax.

Dillard's, I would think, is an even better bet if they have a store in your area. Dillard's is based in Arkansas, and Equifax is big in the South. (However, Wal-Mart and JCPenney, also based in the South, go through Monogram, which often uses Experian.)

Then, of course, Juniper uses Equifax, but you already have that one. I hope you find a few new accounts you can manage well, and most of all, I hope you enjoy them. :)

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply,lol.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I went to the Dillards and Mayco Web sites and clicked on "store locator" at each site.
    In Maryland, the local May Co. division is Hecht's department stores. The Dillard's stores nearest to you would be in Virginia.

Remember that these are only suggestions, not certainties. You may want to go to the nearest store and use a credit courtesy phone to get more locally specific information.

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking that up.I'll try Hechts.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

For me Wells Fargo keeps pulling only Equifax.

Saar