Equifax reports high limit AMEX

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Out of nowhere my American Express Platinum Hilton Honors Card shows 9,000 high credit limit. Wasn't requested either. Always used to show a big fat ZERO as high limit. Has anyone else had this happen to them recently?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I was an AU on a Gold Charge. It immediately started reporting to Equifax. The high amount charged on the account always appeared in the high balance colum. Then like 10 months later in June of this year, the trade appeared on Experian and I think? TU (not sure). Since I had canceled my card, I didn't want to be associated with the account anymore for fear that my ex would pay late and screw it up thus screwing my credit up (I was in charge of paying the account when I was AU). So I disputed the account on line w/ Experian and Equifax as closed. Both trades were removed instead. I guess Am/Ex didn't bother responding.

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yep, happened to me and eventually my BF whose account it is. Mine as AU reported the limit the first time the account was posted. His reported the second month.

So far, both of the other CRA's report $0 or "NA" as credit limit. Makes me wonder what' up with that; if Equifaz can see the info, why can't the others?