Equifax=ridiculous

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 23, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I started a dispute via fax on July 25 and for the last few weeksI've been checking on it online. Well, yesteray and today they are listing the start date as 8/22/01 and end date 8/24/01 (start date before was 7/25/01). The end date has always been the same until now. Are they stupid or what? Now, who wants to make bets that it will come back verified????

2. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will. I've been okay with them so far. Experian was great. It's Transunion that is causing me grief. I got an acknowledgment letter from them last week saying they got my disputes. Yet, when I pull my report, nothing is disputed. I had to send them yet anther fax (5th one now) trying to get them to do their damn job. So irritating.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

No I sent it via fax.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Call for an update... The online system that tell you already have an investigation in progress frequently f'ups the dates, but the main computer keeps time correctly from my experience.

don't fret yet, just call for an update to your status...

good luck!

bkev

6. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

This has happened to me twice. In both instances, it meant that they had finished the dispute. I don't know if it is mailing time or what, but if you go back on the 24th or 25th, and request an investigation, you won't see any record of this current dispute.

And this doesn't mean that everything will come back verified. In both cases, I had several things deleted/updated, etc.

Give it a day or two..