Equifax Score - Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 16, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

A few days ago I posted my Equifax dispute results for this round with Lexington. Out of nine disputes four items were deleted. All were negative. My current auto loan was among the accounts deleted. Lexington disputed it because there was a 30 day late payment last September.

When Privista updated today, my score went from 27 to 23. That's with four negative items deleted including the auto loan.

My score was 35 in May (FICO 650) and has dropped to 27 (FICO 611) since Lexington has been disputing and gotten several deletions.

I really hope that auto loan shows back up... I guess with or without the 30 day late.

The auto loan was deleted from TU as well. I should get my TU score in the mail today or tomorrow.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Dave, as I've said, Privista runs late..you'll probably notice the increase next week! :) Something to look forward to!

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The report it gives me is the same as the printout I got directly from Equifax. Do you think the score it gives doesn't correspond to the report it shows?

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Actually, from experience, I know that to be true in my case, at least. The score consistently follows the report by at least one week, on one occasion, 2 weeks.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'll wait a couple of weeks before I get really upset then. Actually since I can see my Experian report every day now (and the auto loan is still there) I'll know when they send the July/August update. Hopefully it will reinsert without the late payment on Equifax and TU.

6. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Dave,

it's times like this when you wish you had the time to handle your own $hit--you can live with your own screws ups -

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I might have made the same mistake on my own as well. I don't really know if the account was helping me or hurting me overall anyway. I thought I had some idea when I looked at Privista this morning, but now there exists the possibility I was wrong.

8. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

I can't keep. And frankly I think the system is designed for so called smart consumers not to keep up.

You have the ideal mix, then you have the ideal balances that might negate the ideal mix, then you have the ideal length of time which puts you in a catch 22--when you have no ideal at all.....

Dave, I hope that whatever becomes of this you maxmize your potential to come out on top