Equifax screwed up

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tryinhard, Sep 17, 2003.

1. tryinhard

tryinhard Well-Known Member

Equifax just sent me an updated report and on this report I noticed I have a tl that was deleted last month back on it, no difference in dates as original report. What should I do? Was it a mistake and should I approach it as one? thanx

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Under FCRA if a CRA re-enters a formerly deleted TL the CRA is required to notify you in writing within 5 days.

I guarantee it was no mistake.

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Equifax screwed up

If it was deleted via a dispute.

4. RichC

RichC Well-Known Member

Don't expect much out of Equifax though. I had a deleted Address (not mine and causing CAs to contact me on stuff that isn't mine) from Feb and it was back on in June. I called twice and wrote them about it and received just the run-around.

I'd write them about it (CRRR) explaining the violation of the FCRA, get their typical letter back not dealing with the matter, file complaints with FTC, BBB and your State Attorney General and then be prepared to sue their buttocks.

5. tryinhard

I did send in a dispute thats how it got deleted first now its back on for no apparent reason, I will write a letter to them about this, does anyone know of a good sample pertaining to this kind of thing I could use for reference, thanx

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

You need to make sure it has been 5 BUSINESS days since it was reinserted (read the FCRA)

7. tryinhard

yeah i know, but what exactly does that Mean? 5 business days from the day I received the mail? the date on the report? because if thats the case it has been well over a week now. Also could someone suggest a good sample letter that I may reference. I'd appreciate it.