Equifax - Small Victory

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. I posted earlier that my last remaining paid student loan (I5) was deleted according to Privista. Well I received 2 updated reports today from Equifax. One dated 8/30 and the other dated 8/31. On both reports it states that the item has been deleted. The item no longer appears on either updated reports.

Now for the interesting part. I disputed Asset Acceptance Corp and on both reports it states that the item has been deleted (YEY!!!)......BUT on the 8/30 copy the item is still listed. Then on the 8/31 copy it's listed with a *customer disputes - reinvestigation in progress* notation. I don't get it????

The 2 collection accounts that are supposed to be getting deleted (I disputed them to try and speed up the process) and the BOTH came back verified (1 on the 8/30 report and the other on BOTH reports)! WTF???? UUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I tried to dispute the Ford Credit paid charge off (can you blame me?) and it came back verified on BOTH reports. Oh well......

So, I'll call Equifax in the morning and ask them what the deal is w/ Asset.

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

This happened to me a while back. I disputed an item. I got a letter stating they had deleted it 7/30. The following day 7/31.. I got another update. The problem was...it was showing items that was deleted 7/30 under investigation. NO DELETION...!! Actually it was two accounts they switched out in one day. So... I called them... and told them I had letters back to back from them and threaten to sue... They asked me to fax in the letters and they would delete them.. I faxed them in 8/1 and I am still waiting... :-(

Keep me posted if you try something and it works..!!

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I just got an updated investigation report that had the same thing on a duplicate account dispute.

They corrected the one, but claim the second is still under investigation. The second which has the exact same last 6 out of 8 digits, same LAD... as the first.

So what does this mean?

Since I have disputed this 4 times now. Are they actual investigating it?

Or is this another diversion tactic?

I did find out what the item was that was added to my online file. Hadn't showed up on any physical report I had.

It was for a collection co. assigned 6/01 from an account that was in a discharged ch 7 from 1995. For $53.

Now why would anyone buy an account that was that absolutley no good?

I have never recieved anything from this supposed collection company.

I swear they make up this stuff. If you get one thing deleted they add two more from the blue to get you back.

I had less derog's when I did have bad credit several years back. Just don't get it.

Becky

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

On Hold...

O.k. I'm on hold w/ Equifax. Apparently Asset did not respond to their request to verify information so Equifax was to delete in my favor. They sent ANOTHER request for some special code? that they needed from the company so that they could delete the item. The company did not respond. So the Equifax rep put me on hold to speak w/ her supervisor. She came back and stated that this item will be sent through special processing to be removed from my file! Point, game, set, match! :)

Now only if these other 2 collection agencies would hurry up and delete their info like they promised! That would leave me with 1 negative (paid Ford Credit chargeoff). I can live with that since I think? it will fall off my report in 2/02. Experian says it will fall off in 2/02 so shouldn't it be the same for Equifax?