Equifax Stinks!!! What now?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Jun 21, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

OK, I have done 3 investigations with Equifax in regards to how they are reporting my Ford Auto Loan. They have blessed me with the status of 90 days late. Interestingly enough, March I am current and in April I am 90 days late. Needless to say my score dropped 70 points. I am in the process of refinancing and my Equifax score is crushing me. I called today and spoke to the supervisor. Here is what she told me.

Equifax does not give out direct line numbers and will not assign an actual person to handle my dispute. She blamed Ford, but I asked her why Equifax is the only one reporting my account this way. She told me that I could provide her with a name and number of someone from Ford to be added to the file, but I could not simply fax over proof I am right.This is interesting because she wants me to give her a name and number, but she will not do the same.

So as of now I am out of a loan. My lender used Equifax. I am going through a mortgage broker so he is trying to find a loan that will not look at Equifax or numbers. UGH!!! Thanks Equifax.

Mike G.

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that Equifax also refused any documentation on my current Mortgage which they are not reporting at all. I have had the mortgage since December. I was told to contact my loan company, Chase. The supervisor was obviously irritated with me.

Mike G.

3. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

You're letting them get away with it by not making your dispute in writing. Make it, and in the meantime, put together your evidence: A written statment from the lender and cancelled checks. Do not use the telephone to communicate unless you tape record the conversations, and know the law regarding recording (remember Linda Tripp).

See the FCRA about damages.

Make this statement on your Equifax report in the meantime:

"Either Equifax or Ford or both are lying about me. Since they can't get it together, please refer to the other two national credit reporting agencies' reports about me-- which are correct."

You get 100 words.

Why are you refinancing so soon?

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, Mike! That is really frsutrating..I'm so sorry. They are doing something similar to me right now during my mortgage..I have an old BK13..almost ready to fall off..well, in 2 years..but anyway, they are showing an item in the bk as me owing it...(it was paid through the bk13)..and they aren't exactly jumping through hoops to help me..

Thank heavens for bk13 documentation from the trustee..but how frustrating..

I'm so sorry...Greg is right..document this in writing!!

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I agree Greg. I informed the person I was speaking with that I will be sending a written letter and documentation of my payment history. I may have to follow lizardking and file a lawsuit.

In regards to refinancing, I have about 90K in equity and thought it was time to take advantage. I was going to lower my monthly bill by $500 and still get over 10K in cash with plenty of equity remaining.

Mike G.