Equifax Success-Again!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 2, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I just opened my mail, and there is a report from Equifax.

Here it reads:
    -"your name has been updated. You may wish to provide your credit grantors withthe update"

also

-MBNA Loan-"equifax varified that this account belongs to you"

also

-MBNA-"this account is currently reporting paid as agreed, with no lates"

YEAHHHHHHH!

I finally got equifax to delete my 2-30days late, 3-60 days late, and 7 90+days late on this one account.

Now my MBNA credit card is reporting:
    opened:7-98
    months reviewed: 24
    date of last activity: 1/01
    High credit: 1000
    Terms: 25
    Balance: 1591
    NO LATES!!!!

SO... the only account left to work on deleting or fixing is my mbna loan (charge off account) and deleting my 14 inquires (in the past 12 months)

Go me!
    PSugirl

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I also need to get my Universal Bank (ATnt) credit card, which is closed and payied in full to change:
    "account closed by credit grantor" to "account closed by consumer"

I think im going to check my FICO score again at the end of May

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Does it make a difference to your score if its "account closed by credit grantor" as opposed to "account closed by consumer" and everything else on that tradeline is clean?

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How did you manage to get EQUIFAX to delete the late pays?

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I sent a letter to the CEO of MBNA and they changed it! (its all in the wording)

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

You are on a roll!! Conratulations..Now, Oh please oh please oh please can you describe your wording of that letter, and give me the name of the MBNA CEO? If you prefer, e-mail it to me at mpc986@erols.com

Thank you!

(This MBNA is totally killing my score, I am desperate to get it off!!)

7. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I can try to find the letter...give me some time. Also, i send my letter via www.planetfeedback.com, and an executive officer got back to me via phone. I didnt believe she was going to change it, but she did!

Its worth a try....also, you should try to write a lettter that discribe your entire credit situation with them! thats basicly what i did and everyone is different.

I honestly think that she felt bad for me because im a college student....and i guess i made myself seem helpless, but it worked!

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats! This board is so useful.

9. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Hi PSU GIrl...I wrote a letter to MBNA a while ago, telling my sad tale, including how I paid a 9K balance on a closed card in one year (there goes the wedding money:) and that the account has been in good standing since 1998. (I asked them to reopen it, they did.)

I even pointed out somewhat sheepishly that instead of just giving up and letting it charge off I paid it because it was the right thing to do (which I truly believe) and because I wanted to keep the card (also true)

I guess some customer service person got my letter because I got copies of all my statements back and a letter saying, in essence, we have proof of your late payments so dont go trying to deny it. I wrote back saying geez, I was only asking :) and a rep did call me back to say probably no one read the letter, they just saw it as a dispute.

Anyhow hope I have better luck this time around! You are so lucky you found this board while still a student, wish I knew about these things when I was in school :) COntinued good luck to you.

10. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Got a question:

Due to the success of many using PlanetFeedback (and I've had some success with Providian MC), I was wondering if I should try to do something with Retailers Nationa Bank (Target/Hudson's/Marshall Fields).

Here's the situation:
    Back in 98, I hit hard times. My Hudson's card went 60 days late. I entered into CCCS and they accepted my payment arrangements. All the while, they continued to report my account 60 days late. I believe I was told (can't remember at this point, I'll have to check my letter) that they would age my account after 90 days of on-time payments and after I completed the program, they would reopen my account. More than a year later, I get my CRA and they have successfully reported my account 60days past due for the last 13 months!!!!

I've written them 2 times myself, regarding the situation and haven't received any info from them that they even received my letters. I finished CCCS and they reopened my account last Jan...and my limits have increased successfully from 300 to 1100. I've had no lates or OTLs.

Should I try Planetfeedback?