Equifax Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Apr 18, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Most of you here already know that I had a charge-off that wasn't mine that kept coming back as "verified"on all three of my credit reports.
    Well, I disputed online with Equifax about the charge-off, a paid collection and my previous address - all as "not mine".
    The previous address was deleted and so was the charge-off!! I couldn't believe it. The creditors must really only verify your name and address. The collection didn't come off, but I guess that's okay since it's legit.

I just sent off a dispute form to Trans Union for the charge-off and previous address. Luckily, the collection is only on my Equifax report. Experian is next. I just haven't had time because I recently got promoted and have been really busy. I miss all of you guys on this board! Every now and again I can escape from work and log on to straight talk and see what's new.

Anyway, for all who have been struggling to get something removed while at a previous address, try to have the address deleted and see where it gets you. Hopefully it'll work.

Sachiko

2. mimi

mimi Guest

Good Job! I've tried this tactic and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I think its my "OLD" name. I'm getting ready to dispute that next..well I'll inform Junum to do so.