Equifax sucks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Apr 10, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They claim they never received the round 1 disputes sent out by Junum on Feb. 22. Junum resent them on March 28. I just got off the phone with Equifax and guess what? They still say they haven't received either dispute. I'm already on round 2 with Experian and Transunion. Should I tell Junum to resend them again, this time certified r/r? Or do I just wait another week for them to tell me they didn't get it? Any suggestions?

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Personally, I would send them certified r/r and wait. If they still claim to not have received it, then send a second letter with a copy of the return receipt and threaten to sue. Then if they still don't do anything, file with the FTC, BBB, and if you are up to it, sue for breaking FCRA laws. It shouldn't get that far, though. But if it does, you have some good ground to stand on, and proof.

Dustin

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I would wait another week, then if Equifax hasn't received your disputes by then have Junum send them out again R/R. That way you know definately they received them. I would also ask Junum if they would waive some fees since Equifax didn't get disputes. I agree...Equifax really SUCKS big time!

Good Luck!

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I don't know how to advise you on this matter.

EQ is the only CRA that never acknowledges my dispute letters. However, I never contact them as I am afraid that if I call, they will flag my file. Now that I have seen the 4 sample Lex letters, I am even more hesitant to contact the CRA's for anything while Junum is disputing as the Lex letters are quite insulting.

EQ is the only CRA who picked up my BK in the public record area. They may be tougher than the other 2.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, it's um, my hubby never got results from Equifax or Experian since the end of Jan. They redisputed, too. Sigh..this is crazy! I think you should call Junum again...they must have a backup, backup plan!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, LKH...I REALLY REALLY think you should call Junum about this! And, could you keep me informed of what happens??? Thank ya'

7. mimi

mimi Guest

I agree. I wonder why they are so darn stubborn?